• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tired Soul

Plowing at FL370
Hi,

A buddy of mine( CPL-IR ME & SE) has a good chance to fly somebody's Meridian.
The owner, a PPL, has offered to train him , not a real bright idea since he's low time himself.
I recommended him to get some real training, the question is where?
Preferably somewhere's in Florida but something a little further should be ok.
Doesn't have to be real fancy, a high altitude endorsement and some time with a guy who really knows his stuff.
Any suggestions appreciated...:D

tell your buddy he's going to be single pilot IFR in a turbine airplane. His best chance of not augering in is to be trained and more importantly EVALUATED and BLESSED by professional(s)

'sides.... what does this million-dollar airplane's insurance require of the lucky PIC?

In answer to the question; don't know where to find quality training... ask the dealer who sold the plane?

Not talking down... I'd give a nard up to fly regularly in that fine machine.

http://www.newpiper.com/aircraft/meridian/default.asp

Told him already.
I wouldn't touch it without proper training, but trying to come up with a compromise that will not cost $7000.
And yeah it is a rocket ship.......
Dealer took the owner around the patch .......:0

I just got back from Meridian training on Friday. I did the Simcom 5 day initial course in Vero Beach.

My company sells New Piper airplanes (Meridian included). Our insurance company requires formal training on the Meridian even though I've also had Pilatus PC-12 Simcom training.

Simcom has a good course. The classes are one on one or one instructor and two students, so they can tailor the course to meet your needs.

chriskcmo said:
I just got back from Meridian training on Friday. I did the Simcom 5 day initial course in Vero Beach.

My company sells New Piper airplanes (Meridian included). Our insurance company requires formal training on the Meridian even though I've also had Pilatus PC-12 Simcom training.

Simcom has a good course. The classes are one on one or one instructor and two students, so they can tailor the course to meet your needs.

what are the min. hours and ratings required for your Meridian insurance?

Beats me. I've got 1900ish total and around 200 turbine. I got insured on a PC-12 with 1650ish total and 30 turbine.

Iceman21 said:
What I don't get is this guy will spend the money to buy such an expesive airplane, but will not pay to get proper training on it. Sounds like the guy needs an attitude adjustment.

Apparently you haven't met that many aircraft owners. :) You can fee the entire world population by airplane owners that want BFRs for lunch. Don't even get me started on the guy who was driving a BMW alpine but stiffed me on $80. Or should I tell you about this Lake owner who wanted to get all his ratings with me charging him nothing. His plan was "I will teach in your school for the hours you teach me". I asked him to put it in writing and he didn't show up again.. :)

there is a reason they are able to afford those airplanes, they are cheap.

Latest resources

Back