Piper Malibu/Mirage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KeroseneSnorter said:
Dunno about all the models, but I had the displeasure of flying an older malibu. If you are more that 5.5 ft tall you will probably need to take a chiropractor with you to straighted your spine and remove your knees from your armpits.

Was an 86 or 87 model I think, Most uncomfortable piece of crap I have ever been in..........Have no idea how it handled, the pain from the seating position is all that I remember of the flight.

Don't know if it was just something about the seating config in that one, it had a partition between the cockpit and the back, or if all of them are like that........I would rather fly a Cessna 150 from NY to LA than that thing!!!!

Ouch, back is hurting just thinking about it!

Several years ago when I was having some avionics work done on my M-35, the shop was installing a new Meggit system in a brand new Meridian.

One day as I was waiting patiently, I crawled in the back and observed two avionics guys twist and bend their way into the front seats to fire it up and test the system.

Problem is, they were starting it up by SLOWLY reading the manual and started a fire. Flames were shooting out 6' from the stacks. (You turbine guys can explain what happened better than I can).

All I know was I was out the door in a split second and they were trapped. If they had to evacuate in an emergency....they would have been up shyt creek.

Latest resources

Back