Piper Jet VLJ - Interesting Design...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Piper jet is an intresting concept. My question about the design is:
1. At a high AOA will the nose and fuselage cause a disruption of airflow into the intake causing loss of power or flameout?

2. As stated earlier, on a Go-Around the nose is going to want to drop down when applying full power. Not a good place to be in IMC, low altitude, low airspeed.

The Air-taxi is a great idea, but I have a hard time believing that it will make any money. If you have a flight that is to leave at 0900 from Miami with three passengers. One to Tampa, One to Daytona and one to Orlando. The guy going to Tampa decides on his way to the airport to stop and get a double expresso at Starbucks and is running late. What do you do? Do you leave the guy behind and tell him to catch the next flight? That is not very good customer service. Do you wait for him? Causing the other two guys to be late for thier meetings? Once again not good customer service. Do you dispatch another plane to pick him up, causing more loss of revenue?
I am also curious about how they will schedual these flights? If you have a set time table for departures that sounds like 121 to me. Any information would be greatly appreciated on this topic.

If a guy wanted to make money(IMHO). He would get a 510 type (Citation Mustang). Especially now since deliveries have begun. Then operate as a mentor pilot. Many of these owner-operators are going to need to get 50, 100, 200 hours in the plane with another pilot, for insurance. Just a thought.

So, when that single engine sitting atop that tail takes a few geese down the hatch and has a catastrophic un-contained failure, do ya figure it'll take the tail with it?

Hmmmm....

....sleep well....

:laugh: LMAO!!! :laugh:

C

if you look close, it resembles the old aerostar fuselage. i think years ago a concept jet from the aerostar was planned witrh drawings but shelved.

2. As stated earlier, on a Go-Around the nose is going to want to drop down when applying full power. Not a good place to be in IMC, low altitude, low airspeed.

The pitch problem can be fixed with an auto trim or configuration trim system using power change vs. airspeed.

Latest resources

Back