• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PinnaColaba's realignment this week!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talk to the POIs. They should be developing an abbreviated program... but you have to think that training would be more than a 3 day refresher.

You are essentially relearning the aircraft the Pinnacle way. That may seem redundant to you now, but getting standard under a single certificate will save many headaches later on.
I fully anticipate an abbreviated training. 3 days - 3 weeks sounds about right. 3 months is out of the question. There's no redundancy, I am fully aware of what has to happen here. Nothing will be standard for awhile, there are things to be learned on both sides. The aircraft is the same, and it doesn't take long to learn a checklist or profile. You can get a type on a 737 in 2 weeks. That's flows, checklists, systems, orals, sim, and checkride. That may seem short to you now, but it has been an accepted practice for a lllooonnngg time.

Last edited:
I fully anticipate an abbreviated training. 3 days - 3 weeks sounds about right. 3 months is out of the question. There's no redundancy, I am fully aware of what has to happen here. Nothing will be standard for awhile, there are things to be learned on both sides.

The program was already submitted. The 3 month question is if and when it gets FAA approval.

The program was already submitted. The 3 month question is if and when it gets FAA approval.
Modified my post while you were typing, sorry.

I understand. Hopefully there is more information prior to the closing date. I will be following closely.

Modified my post while you were typing, sorry.

I understand. Hopefully there is more information prior to the closing date. I will be following closely.

Yea, I made a few phone calls to those that put the program together and put my head in the office of the guy who is technically "in charge" of it. All seem to think the program will be much like the MOU pilots' setup. It was something like 2.5 weeks in the school house, a couple sims, and a couple legs of OE and done. Total of about 3 weeks. Waiting on the FAA blessing. First to move will be the XJ -200's. Then the -900's. Last I was told the -900's aren't slated to do the "move" until next year.

Wrong thread.. LOL..

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back