• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacolaba list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xjhawk, or others, can you explain this?

Without having actual Mesaba DOH values next to a name, I can't see who is what, or where anyone fell on the list.

I'll take this. If you were hired after 2001ish (not sure the exact date), you got stapled behind every single 9E captain. The most junior "9E Captain" that made the group just above the staple is an August 2006 hire. So the very top of group II is a Mesaba guy hired 5-6 years before the Pinnacle guy just above him. Fair and equitable (remember when 5 years was the expectation for even staying at the regional)? I was hired in the beginning of 05 and that guy is 300 numbers senior to me. The colgan guys around me were hired mid 2007 I believe. Again, fair and equitable? On top of the 35% raise they got, they will now be able to bid into a jet before me in which they had no expectation of doing when they were hired. Fair and equitable?

He's kinda right. What really has ALPA done in this past decade to help the profession? I'd rather keep my 1.95% then continue to give to this organization that tries to serve two masters (regionals and majors) when it can't due to conflict of interest. Everyone knows one has become a thorn on the back side of the other. Interestingly (or perhaps not), the most successful (arguably) regional carrier has been Skywest. That's a non-ALPA carrier. Also the happiest group - if there is such thing as 'happy' at a regional. Next, on the national level, JetBlue. The highest paid Bus-320 pilots in the country, and they don't lose 1.95% every paycheck. Next at the legacy level, Southwest. Not ALPA, and their union takes care of their own pilots pretty good.

Give me a break. You are comparing apples and oranges. Skywest and Southwest management actually want to run a quality airline and maintain good relations with their pilots. You want to compare that with Pinnacle management? Jetblue had 10 years with significantly reduced wages due to non-union employees and low longevity employees. Again, that does not resemble the vast majority of its competitors that have to operate as mature companies. Not to mention, they have a union drive right now that we likely pass, and make ALPA their union. Apparently they are not as "happy" or "satisfied" without ALPA as you think they are.

You have-minds complain about 2% as if it is some significant loss to your paycheck. Pinnacle management would have gutted you medical plan, and who knows what else years ago, if it were not for our union. Those large raises that Pinnacle and Colgan just got, including min day, would have never happened without our union. Your 2% is very well spent, even if ALPA does not achieve everything you ever wanted, the way you wanted.

I can't believe you are comparing our need for ALPA, considering our management group, with Skywest, Jetblue, and Southwest. What a joke.

I'll take this. If you were hired after 2001ish (not sure the exact date), you got stapled behind every single 9E captain. The most junior "9E Captain" that made the group just above the staple is an August 2006 hire. So the very top of group II is a Mesaba guy hired 5-6 years before the Pinnacle guy just above him. Fair and equitable (remember when 5 years was the expectation for even staying at the regional)? I was hired in the beginning of 05 and that guy is 300 numbers senior to me. The colgan guys around me were hired mid 2007 I believe. Again, fair and equitable? On top of the 35% raise they got, they will now be able to bid into a jet before me in which they had no expectation of doing when they were hired. Fair and equitable?

I agree. Colgan was the big winner here.

The point is everyone is mad or "eh..ok" abou this SLI. That means it was a job well done. Colgan lost relative, pinnacle lost longevity and Mesaba... Well mesaba has a funny name.

Mesaba, just took it in the butt at a record pace only equaled by the b.s. Comair has put up with over the last 10 years. ( of companies still technically in operation) And supposedly Delta "liked" us.

Mesaba, just took it in the butt at a record pace only equaled by the b.s. Comair has put up with over the last 10 years. ( of companies still technically in operation) And supposedly Delta "liked" us.

Just as I said. It's best to look at this as Shamruptcy part duex and move on.

Just think how screwed you'll think you'll be if the next acquisition is Comair and they push for a DOH seniority integration.

Just think how screwed you'll think you'll be if the next acquisition is Comair and they push for a DOH seniority integration.

OMG, could you imagine? Get screwed this SLI because it wasn't DOH and then get screwed with a Comair SLI because it WAS DOH. Heck, what am I talking about. I will get stapled behind them anyways because they are ALL almighty jet pilots.

Give me a break. You are comparing apples and oranges. Skywest and Southwest management actually want to run a quality airline and maintain good relations with their pilots. You want to compare that with Pinnacle management? Jetblue had 10 years with significantly reduced wages due to non-union employees and low longevity employees. Again, that does not resemble the vast majority of its competitors that have to operate as mature companies. Not to mention, they have a union drive right now that we likely pass, and make ALPA their union. Apparently they are not as "happy" or "satisfied" without ALPA as you think they are.

You have-minds complain about 2% as if it is some significant loss to your paycheck. Pinnacle management would have gutted you medical plan, and who knows what else years ago, if it were not for our union. Those large raises that Pinnacle and Colgan just got, including min day, would have never happened without our union. Your 2% is very well spent, even if ALPA does not achieve everything you ever wanted, the way you wanted.

I can't believe you are comparing our need for ALPA, considering our management group, with Skywest, Jetblue, and Southwest. What a joke.
Actually, our medical plan dues and information were spelled in the CBA dated 1999. Legally, management couldn't have touched it. So were the 401K contributions, which is why every other group stopped receiving a match while we continued to receive it. Please, do not throw an ALPA-cheerleader cry at me, considering all the ***-ups of our union for the past few years. Our 9E ALPA union let all of this stall as long as it did, with incompetent leadership, and no one taking responsibililty for their actions. Anyway, plenty of non-ALPA carriers have done just fine.

Latest resources

Back