• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's new ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked with a friend of mine in the Delta Chief Pilot's office this week and he said there were only 2 contenders left for regional feed for Delta next year. I asked about Pinnacle being one of them. His response was "definately not". Maybe your buddy at ASA knows something the big wigs at Delta don't, but I wouldn't count on it.

it's all speculation at this point obviously. All I know is, as of today, we have 124 CRJ's. Tomorrow, who knows?

Why not? It is a transfer of one airframe and a net shrinkage to XJ. Sounds just like before.

I would like to know the answer to that question as well, even if it is just enough to crew the one or two A/C's. We should honor that commitment. I for one would be honored to have them

Pinnacle pilots get paid crap to begin with, so why the hell are they accepting less for growth potential....they've already snuffed the growth from Mesaba and now they're bending over again to go for the jugular.

Race to the bottom..

You are such a tool. NONE of us are taking less for growth and we are not bending over. Quite the opposite.

To answer your question, the trigger to activate the LOA is based on a BLOCK hour swing of a certain amount. I'm not sure what the number is, but one or two airframes coming to Pinnacle doesn't cut it. I think the number of flight hours that would have to go from Mesaba to Pinnacle would have to be in the 1000-2000 hour range at least.

We have to re-visit this same subject on here about every 6 months. This is getting old.

Why not? It is a transfer of one airframe and a net shrinkage to XJ. Sounds just like before.

Not even close to like before. LOA 21 was signed because Express lost an entire domicile to Mesaba and was basically cut in half. The LOA states the following under Reciprocity: "In the event that a transaction such as the one which gave rise to this Letter of Agreement occurs in the future..." Losing only two airplanes is not an event "such as the one which gave rise to this" LOA. Besides, I think you'll find that XJ ends up growing after NWA purchases you.

Um, guys, we just lost 45 (or more, not sure about the b and a model SAABS) airplanes, and are going to lose another 2. I'm sure we lost quite a bit more than 2000 block hours, too. And, uh, we lost HALF of our pilots, too. (And we lost a base, also.)

Last edited:
Um, guys, we just lost 45 (or more, not sure about the b and a model SAABS) airplanes, and are going to lose another 2. I'm sure we lost quite a bit more than 2000 block hours, too. And, uh, we lost HALF of our pilots, too. (And we lost a base, also.)

XJ

What base did you guys close...I thought you had SAABS in all 3 bases...

Yes, but you didn't lose them to us. That's the trigger. That's why the LOA refers to it as a "transaction."

Did we receive any of your aircraft loses? Did we take over your lost base? PCL has not gained anything from the lose of Mesaba flying. The LOA speaks for itself. It was a lose of X number of block hours, aircraft, and base that was picked up directly by Mesaba. How is Pinnacle getting two RJ's the same?

Latest resources

Back