Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xjlifer said:
Lets see....how does that go again...o yea...."hey pilots if you don't sign this crap contract we will start up and grow this alter ego airline." That song has been playing for a long time...just new to 9E is all.

No scope is iron-clad of course, but ours is about as close as it gets. The company would quickly lose in court if they tried to create an alter-ego and the lists would be merged. This isn't something the union leadership is really concerned with at all. We don't have the flimsy scope clause that Mesa had. It's the one good thing we actually have in our contract.

I also heard, (again through the rumor mill and the joy of commuting with so many fellow red tailed bastard stepchilds), that Pinnacle's training center already or is in the process of applying for a 142 training certificate to assist in this process and is dropping the 121 training certificate. Is this true as well or another "Take it with a grain of salt" comment?

I heard that they are looking to get ERJ170!! Why would they not get CRJ700?

BeCareful! said:
Well, then that's that. I guess NWA will be the only one left without 70 seat cheap labor outsourced career ruining d-scale sweatshop feed. Guess they don't need it.

But

Don't

Count

On

It!

You are a great American! :)

MVSW said:
I heard that they are looking to get ERJ170!! Why would they not get CRJ700?

Because the CRJ is a piece of $hit. You couldn't GIVE me one. I don't know anything about the ERJ, but my flying experience in the CRJ was that it is a piece of junk.

Doin Time,

You'll have to show me that NWA Scope that keeps Mesaba Holdings or 9E from flying 70 seaters for someone else. It doesn't exsist. That is one reason the Mesaba guys fought for a scope clause binding Holdings from using ANY subsidiary from doing ANY flying without XJ pilots flying them. It is also the history behind AirTran. AirTran used to be part of Mesaba, but NWA got pissed and brought in some friends to buy out the Swenson's and send them packing and taking AirTran with them. There was no scope that could stop that. The NWA guys couldn't care less if Holdings took BigSky out and bought 100 70-seaters and flew them for United.

As for 9E, there used to be scope that applied when 9E was a wholly owned. The only NWAALPA restriction on 70 seaters (other than A/C with a RedTail) is that NWA cannot acquire or control a company that operates A/C with greater than 60 seats. That was some of the motivation for a IPO. Now 9E management can go buy another BigSky and try and use them as leverage in negotiations. Same dusty playbook.

Not starting a fight, but I can't find the language that you mention anywhere.

Latest resources

Back