Pinnacle work rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dondk,.....

thanks for going "there". He is an idiot, and a nothing in the world of aviation. His name does not matter but what does matter is the mentality of airline management that allows and promotes such a sack of shxt.

Nothing will change until we get out the baseball bats and work on some kneecaps. Is this a threat, no just venting.:uzi:

Last edited:
Congrats Tram, Are you based in MSP. By the way my W2 has always showed 59K and I am a reserve captain 2.5 years plus.

Excuse me, but are you actually trying to say that $59k is a good salary for a jet Captain at an airline that pulls in $1 billion in annual revenue? Please tell me that you aren't this dense.

I have had as much as 18 days off a month using my comp days.

The only time you get a comp day from an extension is if you get extended into a day off. If you were scheduled to finish your day at 12 noon but get extended till 10pm, then you'll get a little extra cash, but no extra time off. Besides, as one of the previous posters stated, if you're getting comp days, that just means that you got screwed out of your days off in previous months. You're still only getting 10 days off a month.

Pinnacle is not that diffrent from any other regional.

Do you live under a rock? PCL is worse than almost every unionized regional except Mesa. Stop trying to make excuses for the scumbag company that's abusing you. This is like battered wife syndrome.

Great people and some incredible base management espercially at MSP.

Gary B. should be castrated so he can't spread his own little breed of fascism to the next generation. Pinnacle management from the bottom to the top is heartless and amoral.

I say come here , get a quick upgrade, make some money and pay off your flight debts.
Enjoy life

And I say avoid Pinnacle like the plague that it is. Go to a real airline like ExpressJet. Upgrades are still quick, and you'll be treated like a human being instead of like a worthless piece of &^%$. Don't subject yourself to Phildo and his minions.

I really enjoy the pilots I fly with. Great folks. With that said, if you want to go someplace to make you appreciate your next job, Pinnacle is it! The only problem is that there are plenty of folks that have run afoul of management and have had trouble moving on. Enjoy the new sick call policy. Anybody sick for more than 6 days in a rolling 12-month period can be terminated.

Well it's true that it is company policy.

It is probably NOT true that they could actually get away with firing someone.

These guys couldn't "manage" their way out of a wet paper bag.

Turbo

Well, it is a true policy...
have they fired someone for being sick? YES...
three cases that I know of...

now they have become smarter (if that is possible). They don't terminate on being sick, the terminate on the abuse or failure to follow the policy. Eventually someone will fail to get the Doc note, or has a bogus Doc note or something else fishy and that is when they will win. All they need is to get ONE person and the solidify the policy.

I know many guys who were burned by a management person when a decent company called for a reference. They call it "honesty", I would call it pilot retention program.

this is also a company that has a bereavement policy that is mind blowing. One base in particular follows it to the letter...
If someone dies and you need the leave... you have to PROVE they died.. no, it is not BS... and they wonder why people are leaving in droves:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back