Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cool

PCL_128 said:
Yep, probably putting my stuff in around June/July hoping for an August class. I've had the seniority for a couple of years, but I needed the 3000 total. I should have that by the end of May or so.

That's awesome man! congratulations, pretty soon you'll get a chance to start logging some PIC and be closer to better job. You'll do great, he do you know Kevin Highsmith up in DTW

Thanks, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Just hoping I don't end up as part of that 50% failure rate statistic. :)

I don't think I know Kevin, but I'd probably recognize him if I saw him. There's just so many people here now that it's hard to remember everybody. I used to know pretty much everyone in DTW but now I can go into the crew room and not know a single person's name. Things have definitely grown in the last couple of years.

I've got a good friend who was furloughed after 9/11 who wrote what has to be the best resignation letter of all time and sent it to MEM. It may have already made the rounds at Pinnacle over the years, but I know the director of training of the airline he worked at prior to Pinnacle had heard about it and thought it was hillarious. I'm not going to post a copy untill I check with him to see if it's ok. I can say that when he crossed the bridge from Pinnacle, he not only burned the thing down, he blew it up with dynamite, and then buried the whole thing just to make sure it was never to be crossed again. Good to see that people are deciding to pass on the interview because of no pay/ no hotel at Pinnacle....jets are cool and all, but my time is worth more than what Pinnacle has to offer....

Terry is the scariest person in the world when it comes to being a probie. After I heard the Cancun story I lost all faith in him and this company. I just interviewed for a cargo job and got it. Now I get to go throw my ID in his face. I am pumped. Oh and if anybody is interested I would be more than happy to tell the Cancun story with no names of course. I have flown sick 3 times but luckily my capts took mercy and let me sleep and I just helped out during takeoffs and landings.

Congrats on the cargo job! Where are you heading to?

Pinnacle will be going out of business just as fast as they started. Right now they have the FAA thoroughly inspecting their training not to mention they have been given a 60 notice until suspension of their operating certificate. Let us pilots help eliminate this sub-standard airline from the rest of the good ones!

Sydney... you're full of shat. I had two FAA guys in my upgrade class a couple weeks ago. You'd think we would have heard something about that. By the way... Pinnacle has been around since 1986 (first Phoenix then Express I/II)... thats not exactly a short amount of time.

PCL_128- just study your @$$ off. The high failure rate is because retards don't want to study and want it spoonfed to them. We had a 100% pass rate in my class.
The sims are intense...but if you can't pass what they give to you, you shouldn't be a captain in the first place...seriously. Alot of Indy air guys came through right before me and had a piss poor attitude with the "well we did it this way" mentality. Well... they aren't at indy air anymore and have to live with that. You fly by the FOM and SOP's at the airline that you're at...simple as that.

good for you

flagshipper said:
Terry is the scariest person in the world when it comes to being a probie. After I heard the Cancun story I lost all faith in him and this company. I just interviewed for a cargo job and got it. Now I get to go throw my ID in his face. I am pumped. Oh and if anybody is interested I would be more than happy to tell the Cancun story with no names of course. I have flown sick 3 times but luckily my capts took mercy and let me sleep and I just helped out during takeoffs and landings.

Good for you my friend, make sure you tell him off at the end hehehe, you gotta do what you gotta do, congrats on the new job, best of luck....I never heard the Cancun story....tell me all about it, I wanna hear it.

Nice try on the 60 day notice. No such restriction exsist.

I'm not stupid enough to say Pinnacle is the best, but one question....

If Pinnacle is so bad, then why am I getting 16-17 days off and making close to 80k, with two type ratings, and I've only been here 4 years?
My life must suck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back