• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uuh yes Pinnacle management if off in lala land.

But don't dump on Terry.

Been at 3 other airlines and he is the best Chief Pilot you could ever hope for.

If your honest, up-front, and don't try to weasle your way out of anything and stand up for your responsibilities he'll go to bat for you.

Not his fault management wants to run this place different from every one else.

Last edited:
I agree. Terry goes to bat for this pilot group more times than I care to count. If there's a better person for the job, I don't know who they are. He does the best with what he has to work with. I'm sure on some issues, his hands are tied.

Pay during training is not his decision, unfortunately.

I know they dont pay during training, do they at least put you up in some sort of housing?
Come on.. you've been a member of this board for a year and you didn't know that. Nice way to start a Pinnacle bashing thread.

Flybet - if you know terry and don't like him, fine. If you don't know him, shut the f*ck up.

l-ron said:
So I have to know the systems of the crj 200 and spend hundreds out of my pocket if i do get the job for training! I think ill pass on that interview. Im a low time instructor but im not even that desperate to fly for an airline

We need more guys like this!

hmmm said:
But don't dump on Terry.

Been at 3 other airlines and he is the best Chief Pilot you could ever hope for.

If your honest, up-front, and don't try to weasle your way out of anything and stand up for your responsibilities he'll go to bat for you.

Not his fault management wants to run this place different from every one else.

Terry is certainly not as great as you make him out to be. Terry has fired dozens of probationary FOs for very questionable reasons. Being a probie at this company is a very frightening experience nowdays because of Terry. How many first year FOs come to work sick as a dog because they're afraid of being fired? How many first year FOs refuse to speak up to Captains that are doing some very dumb (and very dangerous) things because they are afraid that Terry will fire them over one of those ridiculous probie eval forms? I've talked to lots of first year FOs that worry about this stuff all the time. It wasn't as bad when you and I were probies, but it's different for these guys now. Most of that is because of our CP as far as I'm concerned. Barney isn't doing the firing, Terry is.

PCL_128 said:
Terry is certainly not as great as you make him out to be. Terry has fired dozens of probationary FOs for very questionable reasons. Being a probie at this company is a very frightening experience nowdays because of Terry. How many first year FOs come to work sick as a dog because they're afraid of being fired? How many first year FOs refuse to speak up to Captains that are doing some very dumb (and very dangerous) things because they are afraid that Terry will fire them over one of those ridiculous probie eval forms? I've talked to lots of first year FOs that worry about this stuff all the time. It wasn't as bad when you and I were probies, but it's different for these guys now. Most of that is because of our CP as far as I'm concerned. Barney isn't doing the firing, Terry is.

And this is a big problem among our probationary pilots. Flying sick. (not to be confused with sick of flying) It took my F/O vomiting in the bag on approach for me to finally call sked. for him to have him removed from the trip. He was on prob. and had already called in sick the week before. Guys are scared to call in sick here. If you're truly sick then stay home. If you're not and you get busted then shame on you.

Rook

Flybet - if you know terry and don't like him, fine. If you don't know him, shut the f*ck up.[/QUOTE]

I know Terry you DIK, I'm sorry if offended your boyfriend you quir! bite me

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back