• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle To Get United Flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhhh....wow. Can somebody get this guy a clue, and less hairgel?

Regional economics 101- Only reason any regionals make money is because they're paid per flight, with no overhead like fuel costs. Just about all regionals turn a profit each qtr- even the horribly managed ones.

50 seat jets are dead for future growth. Turnboprops and anything more than 70 seats are the only things that make mainlines can loose minimal money on.
proof POSITIVE that regionals with their itty bitty jets don't lose money for the majors......THEY STILL USE THEM ANNNNDDDD THEY'RE USING MMMOOOORRRREEEE OF THEM......

If they were such a huge drain on the majors, the majors would have dropped them LONG ago.

SO! STFU already.;)

oh yeah BTW, nice little tag line about the age 60 thing. I'll try to remember to adjust my lifestyle so the airlines won't furlough.....yep. that should work

Wouldn't surprise me. Park 100 real airplanes and then get a bunch of outsourced replacement PILOTS WHO ARE WILLING TO PAY TO FLY TURBOPROPS. Sounds exactly like something pcl_128 would do. :rolleyes:

Is the B1900 a "real" airplane???
:cartman: - Cartman says, "Never forget where you come from"

Last edited:
If you do not have a source...don't post it.

Watcha mean? It is ridiculous to even make such comment as yours as we all know FlightInfo is for that exactly. :beer:

I heard from a guy in the crew room that the ASA were not going to get their new new crew room. It would instead be used by Pinnacle crews when they come into ATL.

Watcha mean? It is ridiculous to even make such comment as yours as we all know FlightInfo is for that exactly. :beer:

I heard from a guy in the crew room that the ASA were not going to get their new new crew room. It would instead be used by Pinnacle crews when they come into ATL.

I hope not. Who owns the gates on C again?

We did just secure a lease on a new crew room on the C concourse. Should be moving in soon.

.....make sure you get your tetnis shots before you move in....

Uhhh....wow. Can somebody get this guy a clue, and less hairgel?

....sorry....no hair gel here and no SJS here either...

relief tube said:
Regional economics 101- Only reason any regionals make money is because they're paid per flight, with no overhead like fuel costs. Just about all regionals turn a profit each qtr- even the horribly managed ones.

50 seat jets are dead for future growth. Turnboprops and anything more than 70 seats are the only things that make mainlines can loose minimal money on.

Thanks for the econ lesson junior.....did you read PCL's post and my response? The fact is we make money while most "real" airplanes don't.....The majors need feed just as much as the regionals do....doesn't make any one of us more "real" than the other.....Little D!CK people like PCL want to equate "real" airplanes with seating capacity....That is why we are in the trouble we are in.....

Using your logic, 69 seats loses money,while 70 seats makes money....can you explain that one....I didn't take "regional airlines 101"......Sounds like a class that was taught by the ATA and ALPA......

You only turn a profit because of artificial cost-plus agreements that you have with mainline. Replacement jets are loss-leaders. They don't turn a profit on their own, but they feed mainline routes that can turn a profit.

The mainline needs the feed.....and we turn a profit....The legacy global carriers need the feed....The fact is we make a profit, while many "real" airplanes lose money......Maybe we should just talk about "airplanes"......The "real" part is idiotic....but I expect that from you......The 1900 you paid to sit in the right seat of was a "real" airplane...too bad you aren't a "real" pilot......

Latest resources

Back