• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle- the airline with the best schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That company was good to me and a good refuge after 9/11. I met awesome folks and I had the opportunity to fly and train some very good airmen while I was there. Flame away if you like but for me PCL most definitely didn't suck

In fairness, you came when this place was frowing like a weed. That makes a HUGE difference. The last year, we have had the progression of horizon, with the work rules and corporate culture of this place. A terrible combination.

No dig on Horizon.

5 year SKYW captain. Mid seniority in ORD I was getting 18 off with 75 credit or 13 off with 95 credit. Now I'm sitting reserve at home and getting 75 credit and 10 days off.

ya its true i only get the minumum 75 hours a month but the quality of life has been fantastic. Thanks for responding...

any skywest, comair, mesaba, mesa, or compass want to chime in?

Mesaba, Bottom 5% 900 captain been getting mostly 12 days off, about 1/3rd of the time a build up line. Now with PBS only 11 days off and never a weekend or holiday and build up reserve no longer exists. Soon I will be top 5% FO with probably 18 days off a month but will be needing a second job to make up for the 55% paycut the downgrade means.

In fairness, you came when this place was frowing like a weed. That makes a HUGE difference. The last year, we have had the progression of horizon, with the work rules and corporate culture of this place. A terrible combination.

No dig on Horizon.

In fairness, a lot of the folks b%&#$ing have no other point of reference since PCL has been their only professional aviation job and there are a lot worst jobs than that

No dig on Horizon.

I don't completely agree, PNCL did not grow overnight. PNCL's growth was never linear, it was one heck of a roller coaster, especially from '01 through '04. Those jumping on board in '07 who didn't know the ride was over, were only kidding themselves. The industry was screaming that growth was coming to an end.

The only ones to blame for the work rules and the corporate culture are the pilots. Better negotiators, better union leaders, lead towards better work rules. A more unified pilot group, leads towards a better corporate culture. What could you expect when you have union members willing to side with management, isn't that why there was a recall?

Fly 5 hours a week, home every night but friday. 3 hours of duty tues wen thurs, 8 hours on friday. sat sun and mon off. And no work on the holidays. Paid at 160 hours a month. Ameriflight.

coming up on starting year 5 at xjt, 42.55/hr, 90-95 hrs credit, sit at top 30% in IAH, hold commutable, weekends off, 15-16 days off typically. had vacation last month, ended up with 25 days off in a row, in april had 24. New sick call policy in effect, so sick calls no longer count against you, commuter policy that we can use as much as we want, heard 9E only allows twice in one year? that's horse crap. I live in a really commutable city for all three of our bases. Life could be worse. Never had to pay 30 grand to work here via a B1900 'internship program'...lol, how are those big key bank loan payments coming guys?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back