Pinnacle teams up with Jet University ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Groundpounder said:
JetU = Gulfstream, or at least owned by them.

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think that's the case. My understanding is that one of the former managers from Gulfstream is running JetU and trying to steal some of their business.

Groundpounder said:
JetU = Gulfstream, or at least owned by them.

Absolutley not. Jet U is not in any way affiliated with GAA. We wouldn't stoop so low as to offer only simulator time towards the achievement of a "career" position.

This has the stink of the CAPT program written all over it.

I agree. $26K for simulator time in a CRJ? If these guys dont get hired by PCL or PCL pulls out of the deal, then they are jobless and out the 26K.

Seems like a better deal than ATP's airline transition program. At least it's not PFT as I understand it - I mean you make the same salary as a first year FO as you would had you not gone through the program to skip ahead, right? It seems like you're just paying $27k to skip instructing, right?

$14 per flight hour vs FO pay of 20.43 .. what's the take on that. Does PCL deduct it or is the newbie expecgted to write a check each month?

JohnnyP said:
Im not sure why yall are suprised by this stuff anymore.
A friend of mine was telling me his kid was advised by UND counselors to take the program if he wants to be an airline pilot. He's a UND grad but doesn't want to have to work years of flight instructing and charter being a nobody.

Guarenteed interview is kind of like saying I think I have enough gas. If you get the job, great, but if not ..... You just wasted 13 weeks not to mention $26000 (landing a hundred yards short). If you just flight instructed at a university for those 13 weeks you could have probably built up a couple hundred hours and maybe even learned a thing or two. While you might still be financially bleeding (as an instructor), atleast it is just oozing and not gushing.

Jet U...Is this the same as degree preferred?

Looks like the sucker pool is running low...

I can't wait to have one of these guys in my right seat!

Latest resources

Back