• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seeing how I don't commute to ATL, I will do without the kiss goodbye, smart @$$.

I always try to at least acknowledge other pilots in the terminal, doesn't matter who they fly for. It's just kind of annoying when you make eye contact with a fellow pilot, smile and say "hi" and get sh!t on in return.

Whatever the problem is you didn't cause it, nor can you fix it. Just wait it out.

I commute out of MEM, so I am always around Pinnacle pilots when sitting around waiting to get on my flight. I have several friends who fly for Pinnacle, and have ridden on the j/s several times, and they are all cool.

HOWEVER

As of lately, it seems EVERY time I try to say "hi" to them in the airport, or nod to them in passing in the terminal, all I get in return is a dirty look and they turn their head. What the He!!??

Do you have spikey hair with your sunglasses on?

I am the fat happy guy in mem...so don't it isn't me...on that note I will continue to drink in the hotel...p.s .no akward hugs

Seeing how I don't commute to ATL, I will do without the kiss goodbye, smart @$$.

I always try to at least acknowledge other pilots in the terminal, doesn't matter who they fly for. It's just kind of annoying when you make eye contact with a fellow pilot, smile and say "hi" and get sh!t on in return.

Grab them by the back of the head and punch them in the nose like Mike Tyson in his prime. He will say hi next time. He may even buy you lunch...

I commute out of MEM, so I am always around Pinnacle pilots when sitting around waiting to get on my flight. I have several friends who fly for Pinnacle, and have ridden on the j/s several times, and they are all cool.

HOWEVER

As of lately, it seems EVERY time I try to say "hi" to them in the airport, or nod to them in passing in the terminal, all I get in return is a dirty look and they turn their head. What the He!!??

I see myself as an observer of human behavior. I have worked here awhile, and I frequent the 3 bases regularly.

A lot of times when I am in MSP, I have frequently observed the exact behavior you describe. The way I describe my experience is that they make eye contact just momentarily for the purpose of rudely turning away. They will not acknowledge or approve of you. It APPEARS to be insulting, but it is just a culture thing. The people of MSP are two things (which I happen to admire):

1) Intensely competetive: a byproduct of the longstanding Minneapolis / St. Paul competition.

2) Doggedly independent: being from the north myself, I can say this is probably handed down the generations.

So I say you are seeing MSP transplants (that base has shrunk quite a bit). Keep smilin' at 'em. They'll catch on.

I just say keep it simple and
HATE EVERYONE EQUALLY!!!!
:nuts: :angryfire
:beer:

I always try to at least acknowledge other pilots in the terminal, doesn't matter who they fly for. It's just kind of annoying when you make eye contact with a fellow pilot, smile and say "hi" and get sh!t on in return.[/quote

I used to be the same way. We're all part of the aviation brotherhood of pilots right? Unfortunately I have observed the same attitudes. But when the junior f/o 300 hour wonders of my same company don't acknowledge a senior captain...f*&k 'em!:smash:

Last edited:
I agree with Space Cowboy. Us northerner's are not as friendly as the southerner's.

Lots of MSP trips go through MEM now.

Latest resources

Back