Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ehaecker

Tail Dragger
I commute out of MEM, so I am always around Pinnacle pilots when sitting around waiting to get on my flight. I have several friends who fly for Pinnacle, and have ridden on the j/s several times, and they are all cool.

HOWEVER

As of lately, it seems EVERY time I try to say "hi" to them in the airport, or nod to them in passing in the terminal, all I get in return is a dirty look and they turn their head. What the He!!??

It's a Generation Me thing.

I can't even get some of my own co-workers to say hello to me when I pass them in the terminal. At first I thought it was me, but I checked all the bathroom stalls for the "Butthole Captain List" and I couldn't find my name on any of them.

Aww... poor baby.. Maybe we should run to the gift shop and buy you some flowers? A kiss goodbye before you fly off to ATL?

Chances are they just mistook you as a Mesaba pilot, don't feel so scorned. Every airline has unfriendly/tired/distracted and any other reason pilots.

nevermind....

Last edited:
As of lately, it seems EVERY time I try to say "hi" to them in the airport, or nod to them in passing in the terminal, all I get in return is a dirty look and they turn their head. What the He!!??

What do I know?

Take your pick:

* Junior manned on day off, now down to 8 days off for the month.

* Wife leaving him for another man who is home more and makes more money.

* Messy divorce resulting from above.

* Phildo (PT the Clown) driving the pilots insane.

* "Denied Due to Staffing" can drive anyone crazy.

* etc, etc, etc

I was feeling pretty good today until I just read that. Thanks for reminding me, Flyer.

It's a Generation Me thing.

I can't even get some of my own co-workers to say hello to me when I pass them in the terminal. At first I thought it was me, but I checked all the bathroom stalls for the "Butthole Captain List" and I couldn't find my name on any of them.

What? Mesaba pilot? Both pilot groups are ALPA. They are part of the strong brotherhood in which that organization creates. How could they possibly be at odds with one another?

Aww... poor baby.. Maybe we should run to the gift shop and buy you some flowers? A kiss goodbye before you fly off to ATL?

Chances are they just mistook you as a Mesaba pilot, don't feel so scorned. Every airline has unfriendly/tired/distracted and any other reason pilots.

Seeing how I don't commute to ATL, I will do without the kiss goodbye, smart @$$.

I always try to at least acknowledge other pilots in the terminal, doesn't matter who they fly for. It's just kind of annoying when you make eye contact with a fellow pilot, smile and say "hi" and get sh!t on in return.

Latest resources

Back