Pinnacle Pilots

ehaecker

Tail Dragger
Total Time
Texa$
I commute out of MEM, so I am always around Pinnacle pilots when sitting around waiting to get on my flight. I have several friends who fly for Pinnacle, and have ridden on the j/s several times, and they are all cool.

HOWEVER

As of lately, it seems EVERY time I try to say "hi" to them in the airport, or nod to them in passing in the terminal, all I get in return is a dirty look and they turn their head. What the He!!??

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
It's a Generation Me thing.

I can't even get some of my own co-workers to say hello to me when I pass them in the terminal. At first I thought it was me, but I checked all the bathroom stalls for the "Butthole Captain List" and I couldn't find my name on any of them.

altimaklr

Total Time
Aww... poor baby.. Maybe we should run to the gift shop and buy you some flowers? A kiss goodbye before you fly off to ATL?

Chances are they just mistook you as a Mesaba pilot, don't feel so scorned. Every airline has unfriendly/tired/distracted and any other reason pilots.

BrownStreak

Total Time
nevermind....

Last edited:

Flyer1015

Total Time
Moola
As of lately, it seems EVERY time I try to say "hi" to them in the airport, or nod to them in passing in the terminal, all I get in return is a dirty look and they turn their head. What the He!!??
What do I know?

Take your pick:

* Junior manned on day off, now down to 8 days off for the month.

* Wife leaving him for another man who is home more and makes more money.

* Messy divorce resulting from above.

* Phildo (PT the Clown) driving the pilots insane.

* "Denied Due to Staffing" can drive anyone crazy.

* etc, etc, etc

Flyprdu

You Want This, Don't You.
Total Time
Pssh..
I was feeling pretty good today until I just read that. Thanks for reminding me, Flyer.

Papps

Total Time
They probably just badly need sleep and prozac after a few years at 9E.

BigLebowski

Total Time
It's a Generation Me thing.

I can't even get some of my own co-workers to say hello to me when I pass them in the terminal. At first I thought it was me, but I checked all the bathroom stalls for the "Butthole Captain List" and I couldn't find my name on any of them.
What? Mesaba pilot? Both pilot groups are ALPA. They are part of the strong brotherhood in which that organization creates. How could they possibly be at odds with one another?

ehaecker

Tail Dragger
Total Time
Texa$
Aww... poor baby.. Maybe we should run to the gift shop and buy you some flowers? A kiss goodbye before you fly off to ATL?

Chances are they just mistook you as a Mesaba pilot, don't feel so scorned. Every airline has unfriendly/tired/distracted and any other reason pilots.
Seeing how I don't commute to ATL, I will do without the kiss goodbye, smart @$$.

I always try to at least acknowledge other pilots in the terminal, doesn't matter who they fly for. It's just kind of annoying when you make eye contact with a fellow pilot, smile and say "hi" and get sh!t on in return.

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
Seeing how I don't commute to ATL, I will do without the kiss goodbye, smart @$$.

I always try to at least acknowledge other pilots in the terminal, doesn't matter who they fly for. It's just kind of annoying when you make eye contact with a fellow pilot, smile and say "hi" and get sh!t on in return.
Whatever the problem is you didn't cause it, nor can you fix it. Just wait it out.

MACH-TUCK

Total Time
I commute out of MEM, so I am always around Pinnacle pilots when sitting around waiting to get on my flight. I have several friends who fly for Pinnacle, and have ridden on the j/s several times, and they are all cool.

HOWEVER

Do you have spikey hair with your sunglasses on?

shortbus driver

Total Time
I am the fat happy guy in mem...so don't it isn't me...on that note I will continue to drink in the hotel...p.s .no akward hugs

BoeingBaller

Total Time
7000+

Grab them by the back of the head and punch them in the nose like Mike Tyson in his prime. He will say hi next time. He may even buy you lunch...

Space Cowboy

Total Time

HOWEVER

I see myself as an observer of human behavior. I have worked here awhile, and I frequent the 3 bases regularly.

A lot of times when I am in MSP, I have frequently observed the exact behavior you describe. The way I describe my experience is that they make eye contact just momentarily for the purpose of rudely turning away. They will not acknowledge or approve of you. It APPEARS to be insulting, but it is just a culture thing. The people of MSP are two things (which I happen to admire):

1) Intensely competetive: a byproduct of the longstanding Minneapolis / St. Paul competition.

2) Doggedly independent: being from the north myself, I can say this is probably handed down the generations.

So I say you are seeing MSP transplants (that base has shrunk quite a bit). Keep smilin' at 'em. They'll catch on.

rightseatjocky

GO PADRES
Total Time
I just say keep it simple and
HATE EVERYONE EQUALLY!!!!
:nuts: :angryfire
:beer:

Beergut

It's 17:00 Somewhere
Total Time
10k +
I always try to at least acknowledge other pilots in the terminal, doesn't matter who they fly for. It's just kind of annoying when you make eye contact with a fellow pilot, smile and say "hi" and get sh!t on in return.[/quote

I used to be the same way. We're all part of the aviation brotherhood of pilots right? Unfortunately I have observed the same attitudes. But when the junior f/o 300 hour wonders of my same company don't acknowledge a senior captain...f*&k 'em!:smash:

Last edited:

machaf

L.B.C.
Total Time
/0
I agree with Space Cowboy. Us northerner's are not as friendly as the southerner's.

Lots of MSP trips go through MEM now.

CrownandCoke

RIP Lynx :-(
Total Time
<you
Mesa sucks