Pinnacle or stay 135?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ilkwamh2 said:
Go for pinnacle since you only live an hour away from home. It's worth it even for a sub-par regional. What's the likelyhood you'll get MSP as your base?

I don't know, but I would be willing to stick it out until I did. My first instructor that I had, joined them wanting to be based in MEM, but got stuck in MSP and it only took him about 2-3 months I think.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll let you know what happens as soon as I finish this ATP written and hopefully I'll be able to swing an interview while still working at my current job. I guess that would be the best of both worlds. I don't suppose the boss wants to here me asking for time off to go job searching though! I'll work on that one for now.

Fixer

You should be able to get MSP right away. If not, then you should get it within a month or two.

It really is not as bad as some people make it seem...I have been here for about a year and a half and mgt does pull some shady stuff but if you can just show up on time it isnt that bad of a place

I would go to a regional as well. I thought trying to bypass the regional was an option, doesn't look like it. With over 2000 pic turbine not much luck anywhere else.

All the hiring right now is based on attrition. They are losing on average 30 FO's a month. They are quitting and going elsewhere because the FO pay is so bad here.

They are still very short staffed in all seats and cannot catch up with the attrition.

FCPhotography said:
All the hiring right now is based on attrition. They are losing on average 30 FO's a month. They are quitting and going elsewhere because the FO pay is so bad here.

They are still very short staffed in all seats and cannot catch up with the attrition.

Thanks for answering one of my original questions. After I factored in commuting costs and hotels, crash pads and all that other stuff, I've come to terms with the pay and will deal with it. It can only get better!

Flying Ninja said:
Okay, I know that was English. What part of it didn't you understand? I told the guy the think about a regional OTHER THAN Pinnacle. Are we crystal? Or is that too metaphoric for you still?

I told the guy the think about a regional... Is that the English you're talking about? Nice one Mensa.

Rook

Flying Ninja said:
Okay, I know that was English. What part of it didn't you understand? I told the guy the think about a regional OTHER THAN Pinnacle. Are we crystal? Or is that too metaphoric for you still?
Rook said:
I told the guy the think about a regional... Is that the English you're talking about? Nice one Mensa.

Rook

Did you miss the other then? I think he's right, you don't speek the english so good, but excel at tha engrish.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back