• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle: Northwest shopping for bidders on Airlink fleet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a related story, GIA has ramped up their advertising efforts and acquired additional 1900s to meet the anticipated demand for the new Airlink.

Lock in your fee now, and you are guaranteed captain on a 70-seater in two years!!

...everyone's got a story, but I have know several guys in the training department at Pinnacle who have been told to plan on 300-450 new hires this year. Could that be a plus up with 70 seaters? Any informed opinions?

We just started up a new Pinnacle training package--hoping it wasn't in vain if all the flying goes somewhere else!

Pinnacle is basing that on the fact they get the contract for the 76 seaters and the fact that they are losing pilots left and right. In reality I don't see pinnacle even being a service partner for NWA anymore. I think it's really weird for them to file an 8-K and nobody else does. Their stock is also losing value based on that announcement.

fly4ever said:
RP170,

The only 170s that Republic is receiving now are from Mid-Atlantic (25). There is a waiting list from the factory so quit your bragging.

Not true. We have at least another 8 coming from the factory for Delta. Many more options also.

AlbieF15 said:
...everyone's got a story, but I have know several guys in the training department at Pinnacle who have been told to plan on 300-450 new hires this year. Could that be a plus up with 70 seaters? Any informed opinions?

Thats about what our attrition is running at right now.

Our current pilot list at PCL is about 1150 ish. the 350 pilots would bring us to our originally projected staffing level of 1400, however that level is based on those 15 aircraft that are parked operating (ie total of 139). My guess it is for staffing and not for expansion. We are losing between 25 and 35 pilots a month most of those quitting however are junior FO's leaving for other regionals. We are discontinuing a lot of cities next month we are pulling out of MKE etirely after the first of the year. so if those jets are coming back I dont know where they are going to stick them.

I have no idea what is going to happen here, just a theory. Other than that I think the rough ride is just starting.

Latest resources

Back