• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle named "The Worst Airline to Work For"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's interesting to see how this thread has turned from 9E's ability to please their employees to the pure lack of safety and unprofessionalism of the Pinnacle pilot group in years past. Just my 2 cents: While I don't think the culture at Pinnacle has changed (just read the article and look at the performance numbers, the pilots couldn't care less if they get to point B ontime) I think the past 3 years has seen some growth in maturity of some pilots. They now have lots of time in the jet powered lawn dart and most can even speak english somewhat fluently. This growth, I believe, is the reason they haven't smoked another hole in the ground or tore up another hull because of pilot error. So, things can turn around for the good. When you're at the bottom of the barrel, the only way to go is up. Unless one chooses to stay at the bottom. We will have to wait and see. I, however am slightly optimistic with the new CEO choice. Maybe he will revive some life into this battered and beaten down company we call Pinnacle Airlines.

You are right.. It could have been XJ. This is how you guys argue points. Sucks to be on the receiving end huh? You are trashing the airline you work for. Is that smart? Move forward.

But it wasn't.

Receiving end of what? I'm more than happy re-read them but as other have said, there's not much there.
  • Some FA goes incap, we solve it without plowing it in
  • Pilot has some negative training while going from t-prop to jet and while on the ground has an embarrassing shutdown of both sides. Oops, get that apu burning. Didn't you guys freeze a pack while running the -900 on manual as a negative transfer from the -200? Have a fun ride down to f250?
  • Rampy threw a stroller into the prop. Honestly I've wanted to do that before.
  • Manufacturer whoopsy results in pax being sprayed with hydraulic fluid
  • Rampy pushed the airplane back into another airplane during a night push.
  • The Saab swatted some geese 40nm from Minne so we landed.
  • Saab Yawdamp ******************** the bed.

Pcl:
  • Annihilated the FA in some turbulence
  • Ran into a tug on the ground... whoops
  • Ran off the runway in TVC.... nice
  • Windshield about blew up, ya'll landed... that's not on youtube yet is it?
  • Landed on the runway, but decided to go 4 wheeling instead of taxing to gate... nice shortcut
  • Wait... where is the Jefferson city crash on here?
  • Didn't DTW try running a fire truck into you on takeoff recently? Don't see that on here.

But it wasn't.

Receiving end of what? I'm more than happy re-read them but as other have said, there's not much there.
  • Some FA goes incap, we solve it without plowing it in
  • Pilot has some negative training while going from t-prop to jet and while on the ground has an embarrassing shutdown of both sides. Oops, get that apu burning. Didn't you guys freeze a pack while running the -900 on manual as a negative transfer from the -200? Have a fun ride down to f250?
  • Rampy threw a stroller into the prop. Honestly I've wanted to do that before.
  • Manufacturer whoopsy results in pax being sprayed with hydraulic fluid
  • Rampy pushed the airplane back into another airplane during a night push.
  • The Saab swatted some geese 40nm from Minne so we landed.
  • Saab Yawdamp ******************** the bed.

Pcl:
  • Annihilated the FA in some turbulence
  • Ran into a tug on the ground... whoops
  • Ran off the runway in TVC.... nice
  • Windshield about blew up, ya'll landed... that's not on youtube yet is it?
  • Landed on the runway, but decided to go 4 wheeling instead of taxing to gate... nice shortcut
  • Wait... where is the Jefferson city crash on here?
  • Didn't DTW try running a fire truck into you on takeoff recently? Don't see that on here.

*sarcasm on* I think you are missing the point. There are more dots on the Mesaba one than the Pinnacle one (except for the ones you added to Pinnacle that weren't on the website). *sarcasm off*

*sarcasm on* I think you are missing the point. There are more dots on the Mesaba one than the Pinnacle one (except for the ones you added to Pinnacle that weren't on the website). *sarcasm off*

Oh, so you are saying substance doesn't matter. Wouldn't it follow that the RJLoser guy is purposely being obtuse?

You guys don't get it. That response is exactly what I'm talking about. We "Annihilated the FA in some turbulence" how would you explain this if it were XJ. The point I was trying to make (that you clearly missed) is that you do exactly that.... skew things to your side. I was in DTW when you guys put a 900 off 22R AND blew the windows out of the employee bus doing a cross-bleed at the gate. Nobody's error free. Stop acting like it.

It's interesting to see how this thread has turned from 9E's ability to please their employees to the pure lack of safety and unprofessionalism of the Pinnacle pilot group in years past. Just my 2 cents: While I don't think the culture at Pinnacle has changed (just read the article and look at the performance numbers, the pilots couldn't care less if they get to point B ontime) I think the past 3 years has seen some growth in maturity of some pilots. They now have lots of time in the jet powered lawn dart and most can even speak english somewhat fluently. This growth, I believe, is the reason they haven't smoked another hole in the ground or tore up another hull because of pilot error. So, things can turn around for the good. When you're at the bottom of the barrel, the only way to go is up. Unless one chooses to stay at the bottom. We will have to wait and see. I, however am slightly optimistic with the new CEO choice. Maybe he will revive some life into this battered and beaten down company we call Pinnacle Airlines.

And now you are one of them. Enjoy.

You guys don't get it. That response is exactly what I'm talking about. We "Annihilated the FA in some turbulence" how would you explain this if it were XJ. The point I was trying to make (that you clearly missed) is that you do exactly that.... skew things to your side. I was in DTW when you guys put a 900 off 22R AND blew the windows out of the employee bus doing a cross-bleed at the gate. Nobody's error free. Stop acting like it.

Ah, so your point is that that there is no degree difference in mistakes? Simply put, if you make one mistake you've made the worst mistake and there is no difference in small mistakes and large mistakes. So, if a rampy at an outstation chucks a stroller into a prop, and some pilots make some bad decisions and end up in the ground, those two errors are the same and mutually exclusive.

I don't know if that reasoning, rationalization, will convince many people. We all work in safety critical work environments beset with events bombarding the swiss-cheese model of safety. Taking an honest look at the events and results is a part of our jobs. I find it impossible to agree with your arguments as you've phrased them.

Ah, so your point is that that there is no degree difference in mistakes? Simply put, if you make one mistake you've made the worst mistake and there is no difference in small mistakes and large mistakes. So, if a rampy at an outstation chucks a stroller into a prop, and some pilots make some bad decisions and end up in the ground, those two errors are the same and mutually exclusive.

I don't know if that reasoning, rationalization, will convince many people. We all work in safety critical work environments beset with events bombarding the swiss-cheese model of safety. Taking an honest look at the events and results is a part of our jobs. I find it impossible to agree with your arguments as you've phrased them.

Again, you missed the point. You guys skew information. That's my point. I skewed the information to make my point. Get it?!?!

Again, you missed the point. You guys skew information. That's my point. I skewed the information to make my point. Get it?!?!

If the information you posted was skewed, it was by the website. How did we skew the fact that 3/5 of the incidents for Pinnacle were actually bad situations (airplanes off the runway, taxing into ground equipment...), while 1/6 (maybe even 0) of the Mesaba ones were just ridiculous non-life threatening rampy errors beyond our control? We just read what you linked and stated the facts. Is that skewing?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back