• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think there are going to be a lot of changes for the final award. Some things on the award don't make sense. How was it possible for a DTW Saab Captain to get MEM 900 Captain when they weren't displaced, and there wasn't any vacancies? Same thing with the two senior 9E ATL 900 guys that went to MEM 900 Captain. Also, how did 17 non-phantom guys get ATL 900 captain when there were only 15 openings and nobody was displaced TOO it.
Besides the displacement of all MEM Saabs the vacancy also showed -4 CA for the DTW Saab base.

I think there are going to be a lot of changes for the final award. Some things on the award don't make sense. How was it possible for a DTW Saab Captain to get MEM 900 Captain when they weren't displaced, and there wasn't any vacancies? Same thing with the two senior 9E ATL 900 guys that went to MEM 900 Captain. Also, how did 17 non-phantom guys get ATL 900 captain when there were only 15 openings and nobody was displaced TOO it.
How is it jacked up? They got MEM 900 Captain because an equal amount of MEM 900 Captains are going out, elsewhere to other bases, mostly to ATL 900 Captain. They are simply backfilling those leaving MEM 900 Captain positions.

XJ Guys,

I want to apologize for last night's outburst. I took the news hard... I was sure that the company would do the smart thing and absorb secondaries, and not be so quick to downgrade.

XJ Pilots are not responsible for this, it's been a combination of events that has led my seniority level to this point. Namely SLI and management's short-sightedness.

*For the record, compare where a Q1 2007 hire has landed in all 3 companies. It will be years before a Pinnacle FO's butt touches any left seat. I do hope you recognize that. You'll find that your arguments that a pinnacle pilot got a boost don't really apply. And doesn't make this bitter pill any sweeter.

Anyway, please accept my humble apology.

Last edited:
..... don't worry boys and girls.... the Pinnacle training department is waiting for you....

I just hope this is not a threat or that there is even a hint of unfair treatment on the Pinnacle side of training. We are all in this together and it is not our fault this occurred. I hate to think of the consequences of someone being unfair to me in training-_-------------Deleted for self protection-------

Last edited:
XJ Guys,

I want to apologize for last night's outburst. I guess I took the news a little hard... I was sure that the company would do the smart thing and absorb secondaries, and not be so quick to downgrade.

XJ Pilots are not responsible for this, it's been a combination of events that has led my seniority level to this point. Namely SLI and management's short-sightedness.

*For the record, compare where a March 2007 hire has landed in all 3 companies. You'll find that your arguments that a pinnacle pilot got a boost don't really apply. And doesn't make this bitter pill any sweeter.

If you are a March 2007 hire, you were most likely a Pinnacle new Captain who just got downgraded and bumped out of your current base. An outburst is understandable. I think emotions will run high as long as these displacements continue with the closure of all the Saab bases.

How is it jacked up? They got MEM 900 Captain because an equal amount of MEM 900 Captains are going out, elsewhere to other bases, mostly to ATL 900 Captain. They are simply backfilling those leaving MEM 900 Captain positions.

Wow, I am 0-2 today. You are exactly right, and I am dumb. :cartman:

If you are a March 2007 hire, you were most likely a Pinnacle new Captain who just got downgraded and bumped out of your current base. An outburst is understandable. I think emotions will run high as long as these displacements continue with the closure of all the Saab bases.

And we have 05 hires that were displaced at Mesaba... Also our 07 hire fo's will be also waiting a long time for upgrade. The only place that is looking at quick upgrades is the Colgan side with the fences on the props and the jackpot in seniority for most of them.

XJ Guys,

I want to apologize for last night's outburst. I took the news hard... I was sure that the company would do the smart thing and absorb secondaries, and not be so quick to downgrade.

I am very surprised as well. Why are they downgrading when they need more in those positions? I think their hands are tied by the conract rules.

As far as the apology, I remember getting furloughed a few years ago. so I know your frustration. We can just hope to all gtf out of here soon. Hopefully a lot of senior guys move on so the junior ones can get their time in.

We need documentation to be passed out with every vacancy so we can see how many planes are left in the quotas. It is my understanding that Mesaba filled theirs on both planes with this one? Can anyone confirm that?

Also, I think it would be nice to be provided a list of every base and seat so we can see where we stack up on each airplane. Seeing the bid packs for every plane would work and then we can also see what kind of trips there are in each base.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back