Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
February 17, 2011

PCL, MSA & CJC Pilots Ratify Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement
The Pinnacle, Mesaba and Colgan pilots ratified a 5-year contract today in a demonstration of unity and unwavering support for their collective goal of achieving one contract for all Pinnacle Airlines Corp. pilots. With nearly 87 percent of eligible Pinnacle Airlines Corp. pilots casting ballots, the joint collective bargaining agreement (JCBA) was ratified by a convincing 90.5 percent affirmative vote. Following are the breakdowns by pilot group:

Colgan: 86.93% of eligible pilots voted
93.64% voted for the JCBA
Mesaba: 85.32% of eligible pilots voted
90.04% voted for the JCBA
Pinnacle: 87.51% of eligible pilots voted
89.90% voted for the JCBA

The agreement ensures that all current and future flying done by Pinnacle Airlines Corp. and subsidiary airlines is performed under the JCBA and by pilots on a single integrated seniority list. The new contract provides significant increases in pay and benefits as well as provides for rock-solid job protections that eliminate any whipsaw threat for the pilots under the Pinnacle Airlines Corp. umbrella.

The new contract incorporates many of the best items from our current contracts, and every pilot will realize gains with no pilot taking a pay cut from their current position. The JCBA includes pay scales above industry average for all four of the company’s aircraft types as well as across-the-board increases of 12 percent over the life of the agreement. Work rules in the JCBA will drive the airlines to staff appropriately and discourage involuntary work assignments while incentivizing pilots to pick up open flying on a voluntary basis.

ALPA President Lee Moak, the three MEC chairmen, members of the JNC and senior executives from Pinnacle Airlines Corp., Pinnacle Airlines, Mesaba Airlines and Colgan Air will take part in a contract signing ceremony at 5:30 p.m. today in Memphis, Tenn.

Was this in the first TA? Industry leading.

7. Mobile Homes
A Pilot residing in a mobile home unit will be allowed moving expenses for
relocating the unit, but such expenses shall not exceed those provided in
paragraph B.1., above.

7. Mobile Homes
A Pilot residing in a mobile home unit will be allowed moving expenses for
relocating the unit, but such expenses shall not exceed those provided in
paragraph B.1., above.

hahahaha someone else noticed that too!!! I started laughing to myself when I read that in the new contract.... Well, I guess its a good thing if the company now has to pay to have that sweet mobile home yanked out of the sticks and moved to DTW or JFK!!!

mobilehome.png

hahahaha someone else noticed that too!!! I started laughing to myself when I read that in the new contract.... Well, I guess its a good thing if the company now has to pay to have that sweet mobile home yanked out of the sticks and moved to DTW or JFK!!!
[/IMG]

Someone should get a quote and see what kind of radius of action that will buy you in relation to MEM.

That's all orginal Mesaba language. It's funny, but it sucks as well because there are all of these hoops you have to jump through to get your moving expenses. I had heard the Pinnacle language was just a simple flat rate check with little or no questions asked. I would much prefer that.

Latest resources

Back