Pinnacle management arrogance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mel Sharples

So in the 9E memo about the new JFK base, the Director of Flying at Pinnacle states:

"This proves that Pinnacle is the carrier of choice when it comes to growth opportunities with Delta, and now more than ever, it's essential that we Perform to Win."

Really? Does this prove that? Or does it prove Delta will jack with anyone and everyone? I didn't hear Comair say that when they got moved to JFK.

If the warden came up to you and said, "You are no longer cleaning the kitchen -- I want you to clean toilets instead" would you say you are the "inmate of choice"?

Honestly, with a net ZERO new airplanes from this whole transaction I don't exactly see this as a victory. I hope the Pinnacle pilots are not buying into this garbage. I can't wait to join this circus and be managed by this group of delusional clowns.

By the way, there will be all the Kool-Aid you can drink from your new Pinna-Col-Aba mugs down in MEM... :rolleyes:

JFK is the Delta cesspool. It will garantee that PNCL will be at the bottom of all performance statistics forever which will enable PNCL mgt to claim how poorly the company and doing and how lucky your all are to have jobs.

I bet he believed himself too. Forgetting the fact that he had to create a base in JFK and didn't get any of the flying OH got in DTW. Our DTW base is already bigger than our JFK one, and the trips are a hell of a lot better (when it opens, scheduling committee already looked at trips)

What you are missing is that the folks at Comair have been crying to DL about getting moved out of CVG and how bad things are in JFK. It is much easier for Delta (who writes all of Comair's checks) to force PNCL to JFK and let the Comair guys have DTW. It saves them money and pushes the headache squarely onto PNCL. This announcement alone should motivate the PNCL negotiating committee to act now and address JFK and its problems. My guess is that they will drop the ball and do somethng stupid like piss off the NMB.

Yea, when we got the memo is said "Comair is the go-to-carrier for Delta. :laugh:

Good luck in JFK and wait, wait, wait for it..... an eventual co-base with LGA.

Hope you guys have contract wording preventing it and the MEC doesn't give in. I know that Comair threatened and then begged for a co-domicile but the MEC wouldn't cough it up unless they provided transportation back in forth so that you released where you began. Company wouldn't do it, and the union wouldn't give in.

"This proves that Pinnacle is the carrier of choice when it comes to growth opportunities with Delta, and now more than ever, it's essential that we Perform to Win."

I believe he was quoting SEVEN in his post about Mesaba 2 years ago... just changed the words.

Same level of ignorance.

Mesa got sued for non performance in JFK and was replaced with Comair. Rather than admit that a "wholly owed" could not do any better, they shipped Comair out and put in someone else. No airline can perform in the JFK environment to DL standards, so f=== Delta!

The Director of Flying at Pinnacle needs to run for public office. He sounds more like a politician than an executive. Then again,most corporate management are politicians. They believe their own press and BS.

"Perform to Win"? How many stupid slogans can we possibly have at this place?

I want to meet just one person who has ever been inspired by some lame company slogan.

I believe he was quoting SEVEN in his post about Mesaba 2 years ago... just changed the words.

Same level of ignorance.

SEVEN is an anonymous idiot on a web board. EF is a director that put it in a company memo.

Might be the same level of ignorance but clearly not the same delivery. Some d-bag puffing his chest on FI is par for the course. A director actually being dumb enough to say this in a company memo brings it to a whole new level.

It's like he is saying, "Wow! Some guy just drove up to me in a conversion van with tinted windows. He will give me all the candy I can eat if I just drive around with him and watch some goofy movies with naked people wrestling."

As many have said, Pinnacle is just the next in line to be marked for failure at JFK. And I say again, with no new planes how in the he11 is this "growth"?!?

That little quote is going to bite him in the arse.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back