• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pinnacle hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vacancy 4-08 has 1 MEM, 5 DTW, 1 MSP slots for CA. Allowing for secondaries, call it 15 max. Simply meant to show that CA slots seem to be decreasing now, not increasing.

Way. Way, Waiittt, You were a street captain Lear?, It all becomes clear, uh huh huh huh, really though what does it matter a jet efis experience. We all know at Pinchnickel that a jet is the easiest plane to fly and an efis plane is the easiest of the jets. What is it they say? We should make the most money flying a piston and the second most flying a turboprop. Flying a jet is like study hall in high school. Give me a freakin' break!!!

Careful!! I'd hate to see you upset the self-ritious pilots who think we should rank up there with attorneys and physicians and other top notch professions. The truth would hurt them that if they realized that any average dumba$$ can go from ZERO time to the right seat of an airline in 6 months. FACT! And, YES, the bigger the plane and the more toys it has the EASIER it is!! Stick some heavy crusty in a senica with no f/d or auto pilot or HSI, ect. ect and watch him be all over the sky as he attempts to hand fly a raw data approach down to mins. Better yet, make him do is 7 times in one day!! Admit it, this profession isn't all most pilots make it out to be. Nonetheless, I'm gonna keep cashing my fat paychecks!

Last edited:
Thanks to all you posters from Pinnacle. I think for now I am going to hold off. The risk seems too great. The information has been invaluable. Thank you all.

Someone said Mesaba for me. They hire St. Capt? I think I will try Colgan too, since I have Saab 340 time too.

Space

Have Saab time, eh? Based on your posts above, I'd recommend going to Colgan. However, you mentioned avoiding USAir regionals. If that's still the case, try Shuttle America. Both companies have hired street captains in the past with Saab time.

If you really only care about the PIC turbine time, and nothing else like pay, QOL, maintenance, management/pilot relationships, etc., then Colgan, followed by Shuttle, will be your best bets, since you have Saab time.

Mesaba does not hire street captains. Why don't you just be an FO first and earn your way through seniority to captain, like most of us are doing? Or is it street captain or bust for you?

FO

BTW, my reply was directed to Space Cowboy, who mentioned in an earlier post today that he had spent four years as an FO at an un-named regional airline.

PinchNickel said:
Way. Way, Waiittt, You were a street captain Lear?, It all becomes clear, uh huh huh huh, really though what does it matter a jet efis experience. We all know at Pinchnickel that a jet is the easiest plane to fly and an efis plane is the easiest of the jets. What is it they say? We should make the most money flying a piston and the second most flying a turboprop. Flying a jet is like study hall in high school. Give me a freakin' break!!!
If EFIS and FMS weren't important, then why did every street CA that had that experience have no trouble in the oral and sim while all the pinks went to guys without it? If flying the Saab was harder than the jet, then why the 70% bust rate for Saab CA to Jet CA prior to the hiring of street CA? Suuurrrre, the jet is easier to fly than the Saab, wonder what the senior Saab CA's who rolled the airplane upside down on a V1 cut or lost 1,000 feet of altitude on an approach stall on their checkride would say to that statement?

Why do you think EVERY operator out there who flies EFIS and FMS equipment lists "Previous EFIS and FMS experience a plus" on their job listings? Could it be, oh I don't know, that it saves the extra sim sessions for someone to get used to the glass?

Yes, this airplane is easy to fly, but then again the King Air was like a big C172, but as Lequip infers, it's not that difficult. Incidentally, I DO believe we rank right up there with attorneys and physicians... it's sad as a pilot, that you do not. Maybe your lack of self esteem is what is reflecting in your posts (which are ALL some of the most BITTER ramblings I've ever heard on this board).

Last edited:
All in good fun...

Hey, at least none of the street captains used the "Well, in the Saab we did it this way...." comment when they f*cked up in the RJ. As if it was a rational excuse. That got old after awhile. You just had to deal with the "Well on the 727......" ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back