Pinnacle hiring again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll step in....

The funny thing here is that all of you are willing to accept sub-par wages just to get a chance to fly a CRJ. Even if you have a CFI background, you are still helping the hurt in this industry by going to Skywest for that 19.02 per hour. And the funny thing about it is most of you paid twice as much as GIA guys. In fact, CAPT boys and girls pay three times as much (around 150,000). What I am talking about here is zero time to airline. Anyone who goes to Mesa or Comair (DCA) is helping a form of PFJ/PFT. Get over it. Its never going to end and its everywhere. All of you who show up to the airport without hats and degrees to fly that CRJ are continuing to lessen the industry. Most of the problem stems from your piss poor attitudes!

"Hey, look at that Captain. Hes wearing his hat! What a dork!"

or

"This industry sucks.....Blah, blah."

or

"Lets deny jumpseat to everyone thats not me!"

ETC....ETC....ETC...

You b!tch about being a CFI, then you whine about being an airline pilot. When are you gonna be happy? When are you gonna stop hurting your fellow pilots? When are you going to unionize and stop this mis-management of our futures? You aren't. Because you are too worried about GIA and CAPT to fix our current problems and to educate future pilots on the way things should be. You continue to let things happen, and then point the finger to blame brothers and sisters afterward. Resulting in the division of our close knit group.

Shame on you all.

Rant completed.

Can anyone tell me if their was a time in this industry at the regional level when CA made more then $100,000 a year, and FO's didn't start out at $hit wages? I know, "but now we are flying jets". Thank god for technological advances.....

Tanks Not

Thanks Everyone for gettin real and realizing what I'm trying to grasp a hold of here!! It's about time somebody see's the rationalization!!!! The PCL 128 guy obviously is just glad to be flying a "jet". That's cool, he's one of those guys that downgrades us and doesn't allow us to be treated and paid what we're worth. That's just the way it is and those guys are out there and they always will be! Tank man, the industry is just going to get worse with these Gulfstream and CAPT. programs out there. It's headed downward. Yes it's been bad, but when company's like 9E get a kick back, like a 10k kickback for every guy they hire from these programs, then what ever happened to the day's when guys where recognized for their hard work? I got a guy that's got 400 multi, 1400 dual given and 1800t.t. and he gets an interview after a CAPT. or Gulfstream progam guy??? What's with that? This guys earned it, not the Gulfstreamer or Rich kid that had his daddy pay 80k for an ERAU program. Just be glad you're flyin that Jet boys!!!! Keep it up!!!! I'm so coooooolllllll!!!! I fly a JET!!!!!!

BOHICAgain said:
where your beer money?? ..u gotta sacrafice milk for beer

Even shatty beer is a luxury when you make less than 20K a year and some friggin' retard w/ a big ol' check comes in from one of the "academies" and is "just glad to be there...." Fantastic job CAPT graduates, ya'll have truly shown what competent aviators you really are. Heck, I never thought myself a pilot till I got a type rating, but oh wait, I never had to pay for one to get here, DOUCHEBAGS!

VGerect said:
Repeat after me- "I will never, never, never-ever put my overnight bag in the cargo compartment"
I once got my overnight bag held hostage by the Cuban government... the rampers can't read English and sent it through to baggage claim.. then the Cubans wouldn't give it back to us for 3 days... Havana charters are interesting but hang on tight to your bag... and a little tip. Keep your apartment keys in your pants pocket. ;-)

The people that go to pay for training programs do it because they can affoard it. If I had that kind of money, and could have got training and be placed right in an airline job, then hell i might thought about doing it. We keep on ripping on people who use "daddys money to go to school" and fly a "new jet", but no one ever complains about the schools and companies that set these programs in place. Its a trend that no one will be able to stop, so there is nothing we can do about it. This is not just a pinnacle thing though........
Atp guys can go to express jet and other airlines with reduced time.
The riddle guys can do their program with other airlines than pinnacle
British airways and other foreign airlines send their pilots to america, get them trained and ship them back to 737s or bigger with 200-300 hours.

I have been with 9e for almost 5 months now, and I have flown with a lot of different captains, and all of them have been nothing but professional. Sure there were a couple bitter ones, but you will find that anywhere.

Detroitpilot22 said:
The people that go to pay for training programs do it because they can affoard it. If I had that kind of money, and could have got training and be placed right in an airline job, then hell i might thought about doing it. We keep on ripping on people who use "daddys money to go to school" and fly a "new jet",.

Thats not really true I know people that got loans to pay for these programs. No "daddy" money but a huge debt to pay off..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back