Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle CRJ Winglet Static Discharger CDL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, missed that part (where he didn't MEL it), too. What can I say, just got off a four day trip... does that excuse me? :)

You unscrew one counter clockwise from the position where it is CDL'able and screw it back into the position where it is not CDL'able. Write what MOC tells you where they tell you and continue on FAT, DUMB & HAPPY

To clarify: I was only assisting the actual mechanic (handing him tools etc, it was his call in, I just went for the ride for the heck of it) we did not need to CDL it. The reason I asked was because I remember sometimes that the screw that threads into the wick can sometimes get all fkd up and cross thread thus preventing installation. That being said, if the only spare was damaged and you are left with the other wick installed, you could take the good one and put it into the position that is in the CDL list if it was able to be done and dispatch the aircraft. The reason I did not go look in the CDL for the pinnacle jet we were on to satisfy my curiosity is because the aircraft was boarding.

I think you have it backwards. The bottom corner can't but the one on the top can. I had this question on my upgrade test a couple weeks ago, but i'm 99% sure.

Christ, I hope they weren't expecting you to know that from memory! That's why they have those little manuals called CDLs, after all.

Christ, I hope they weren't expecting you to know that from memory! That's why they have those little manuals called CDLs, after all.

No no, It was photo copy of a page in the CDL. and each static discharger was label. The whole point of the question was to see if you can read the MEL/CDL.

[FONT=Arial,Bold]ASA's CDL[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Bold]Letter Reference // Location //Quantity //Installed Deviation[/FONT]
A Horizontal stabilizer tip (1 each side) 2 –
B Horizontal stabilizer trailing edge (2 each side) 4 // 1 may be damaged or missing per side
B* Horizontal Stabilizer Tail End Cap (2 each side) 4 –
C Elevators (1 each side) 2 –
D Rudder 1 –
D* Rudder 3 1 may be damaged or missing
E Vertical stabilizer 1 –
F Horizontal stabilizer Tail bullet fairing 1 –
G Tailcone 1 –
H Aileron (1 each side) 2 –
J Winglet trailing edge (3 each side)// 6 // 1 may be damaged or missing per side
K Winglet trailing edge (1 each side) 2 –
L Upper winglet (1 each side) 2 –
L* Upper Winglet (3 each side) 6 Lower most discharger may be missing

(Note - L* is for the airplanes with the lightning strike kit installed)

Last edited:
I once spent an extra 6 hours in CMH waiting for maintenance to drive a single static wick for the lower right wingtip from SDF. Apparently that one could not be swapped with one that could be CDL'd (diiferent part number?), and none could be found in CMH.

Latest resources

Back