• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle CR2 off the taxiway in FOD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So it looks like after your Milwaukee 4 wheeler experience, you are now saving money by retrofitting the planes with ATV Tires and taking the across the yard route to the runway.

Alpena...lol...

I used to fly freight and passenger charters out of that godforsaken place. Every winter Mesaba would take out a taxiway light with a prop.

Nearly every day from Novemeber to April I'd have to argue with the idiotic military approach controllers about their burning desire to vector me halfway to MBS to intercept the localizer for the ILS 1, when I was coming from CIU (North of APN), and the weather was suitable for a VOR 19 approach...worst case, I'd miss the VOR 19 and simply get a clearance for the full ILS 1 approach without vectors...much more efficient.

Driving into town from the airport, the eerie smiley face the villagers have painted on their water tower was like something out of a horror movie. In time I realized the smile on that water tower was the only smile I'd ever see while in Alpena.

The ride from the hotel in the 1979 Lincoln with the old dude drinking coffe as we slide down the road. That is my fond memory of that place.

I was sure I was gunna die many times on those early morning rides.

That sounds like PNS. We were driven through a neighborhood there.. I though the driver was setting us up to get rolled. Good times.

Alpena...lol...

I used to fly freight and passenger charters out of that godforsaken place. Every winter Mesaba would take out a taxiway light with a prop.

Nearly every day from Novemeber to April I'd have to argue with the idiotic military approach controllers about their burning desire to vector me halfway to MBS to intercept the localizer for the ILS 1, when I was coming from CIU (North of APN), and the weather was suitable for a VOR 19 approach...worst case, I'd miss the VOR 19 and simply get a clearance for the full ILS 1 approach without vectors...much more efficient.

Driving into town from the airport, the eerie smiley face the villagers have painted on their water tower was like something out of a horror movie. In time I realized the smile on that water tower was the only smile I'd ever see while in Alpena.

Awesome post!

Latest resources

Back