Pinnacle airline test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dondk,
Am I to understand that you are truly unhappy? You said that you have been there for four years if infact you are unhappy why don't you just leave and go work for another Airline?
I agree that you can't judge a book by it's cover but I am sure that someone would take your job in a second if given the chance.
It seems to me that with all the good information that this website has to offer to many people would rather moan and groan about the place they are at instead of useing it in a construtive manner that could only benefit them.
I don't have a crystal ball and I can't tell you what will be in the future but I can tell you that I am happy that after busting my a$$ and overcomming many set backs in my life that someone gave me a chance..
Attitude is everything.

CJdude said:
dondk,
Am I to understand that you are truly unhappy? You said that you have been there for four years if infact you are unhappy why don't you just leave and go work for another Airline?
I agree that you can't judge a book by it's cover but I am sure that someone would take your job in a second if given the chance.
It seems to me that with all the good information that this website has to offer to many people would rather moan and groan about the place they are at instead of useing it in a construtive manner that could only benefit them.
I don't have a crystal ball and I can't tell you what will be in the future but I can tell you that I am happy that after busting my a$$ and overcomming many set backs in my life that someone gave me a chance..
Attitude is everything.
Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but Dondk is right on the money, especially with the part about the 401k. I know you're excited and congratulations on making it this far, but you might want to educate yourself before you make blanket statements like that.

This company has the WORST 401k in the industry. That's just plain fact.

This company DOES have decent medical benefits EXCEPT for baby care; I came from a company that had much better, so I was dissapointed, but your mileage may vary.

Just "leave and go to another airline"? Oh yeah, it's that easy; you see Northwest, Continental, and Delta pilots do it every day... are you sh*tting me? Don't know much about the airline industry, do ya'? Had an admin clerk tell me that the other day when I was discussing a BLATANT CONTRACT VIOLATION; if I wouldn't have gotten fired I'd have slapped the t-total sh*t out of her. It's the company that needs to change, NOT pilot attitudes.

Last fact for you to consider: this company has probably one of the most hostile management cultures next to Mesa / TSA. The top 10% of the pilots are happy with where they are, the next 30% fu*king hate this place but keep doing it because they can't match the paycheck and days off but are trying desperately to move on. Those are the Captains you'll be flying with; we try to keep it fun and have a good time but it's hard when the company keeps sh*tting on you.

Good luck, and again congrats on improving your lot in life, just back away from the company "happy juice" and realize the reality is probably somewhere in the middle... or you can read the thread on "smiling Paul" and maybe we can see YOUR smiling face on a website about your flying life someday... :D

CJdude said:
dondk,
Attitude is everything.

Read Lear 70's post a few times over and over.

No I am not completely unhappy, it could be worse (that is what I tell myself). It could be much better too. I came from 2 different regionals before pinnacle. Pinnacle is not the worst (mesa, my former employer is) but no where near the best either.

The problem is many people would take my job in a second, if not to get to the left seat it is to get a better schedule. That attitude is what is brining this industry down, someone else willing to do it for less.

I don't moan and groan, but tell it like it is. I'd rather NOT pi$$ peep's off by lying to them and telling them this is better than a lot of other choice they may have. I am personally trying to make a difference at 9E, I am active in the grievance committee and see first hand the crap that goes on. I am here to protect the interests of my fellow employee's that are getting bent over daily. Making a difference 1 pilot at a time, 1 contract violation at a time, 1 argument with DW at a time.

When you come on board, with your attitdue I would expect you to join that committee and make a difference. A positve attitude is great, you will need it...

Lear 70 and I don't need to embelish, WE have a job, WE have seniority, WE are in the left seat. Take it for what it is worth, we could always lie to you.

CJdude, geesh! I don't know much about PCL but I think dondk was just telling you a realistic opinion of his experience at PCL. He also gave you some valuable info on the 401k and other benefits. I don't think he said he was unhappy as much as he said there was room for improvement. I realise you are new to this and just finished listening to the HR/PR pitch. You'll see in time that the Kool Aid doesn't taste so good after the first few glasses!

Rsvm

hey, anybody know how many Xponders are required for rsvm. I have heard both one and two from different people and I haven't been able to find the info anywhere.

Sorry to jump in here. I'm not a pilot.

CJdude, I agree with you that attitude is everything but eventually that positive, happy attitude will give way to reality when you see what really happens here. I would bet that your resume will start flying out all over the place after a little while at 9E.

We don't get Kool Aid anymore in dispatch. We get Jungle Juice. That sh*t tastes awful.

Latest resources

Back