Pinnacle airline test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skychicken

Sorry to beat this to death, but rumor had it Pinnacle changed its written test for the interview within the last two weeks, anybody know if its true??

I was there just this past tuesday I must say this is a class act operation the interview was with all check airmen in uniform and these guy's were a great bunch of guys. Everyone there from admin people to the pilots all have smiles on there faces it was a very positive atmoshere.
The growth rate is outstanding they have 139 aircraft on line now and rumor has it that 20 more are on the way and the benefits are the best I have seen in this industry from insurance,travel to a very competive 401k.
As for the written I am not sure about anyone else but there was at the most three questions on my written that were posted on the gouge and Iwill say that it was the hardest written I have taken yet much harder than any ATP test.
What you need to do is read the questions twice and make sure you understand what they are asking then when you are finished with the test read them again.I recomend that you study the Turbine Pilots Flight Manual, any info you have on instrument flight, and the green ATP oral book chapters to include 121 regs, areodynamics, and instrument procedures with all this you should do fine, also know the Jepp plates front and back for the TECH/HR.
Sim is just like the gouge but dont use the trim it is very sensetive and you will be all over the place with the CDI and oh yes it is a nice frasca 142 but there is no HSI.
Don't worry all though they are selective want you to succeed.
All in all this is a great place to be with great bunch of people I got the call the folowing morning I leave in two weeks.
Good luck I hope I was able to help..

CJdude said:
I was there just this past tuesday I must say this is a class act operation the interview was with all check airmen in uniform and these guy's were a great bunch of guys. Everyone there from admin people to the pilots all have smiles on there faces it was a very positive atmoshere.
The growth rate is outstanding they have 139 aircraft on line now and rumor has it that 20 more are on the way and the benefits are the best I have seen in this industry from insurance,travel to a very competive 401k.
As for the written I am not sure about anyone else but there was at the most three questions on my written that were posted on the gouge and Iwill say that it was the hardest written I have taken yet much harder than any ATP test.
What you need to do is read the questions twice and make sure you understand what they are asking then when you are finished with the test read them again.I recomend that you study the Turbine Pilots Flight Manual, any info you have on instrument flight, and the green ATP oral book chapters to include 121 regs, areodynamics, and instrument procedures with all this you should do fine, also know the Jepp plates front and back for the TECH/HR.
Sim is just like the gouge but dont use the trim it is very sensetive and you will be all over the place with the CDI and oh yes it is a nice frasca 142 but there is no HSI.
Don't worry all though they are selective want you to succeed.
All in all this is a great place to be with great bunch of people I got the call the folowing morning I leave in two weeks.
Good luck I hope I was able to help..

Just wait till you've been there a few months and then come back and tell us how great PCL is!!! What a fool.

E170GuppyKiller,

I am giving an opinion as to what I saw and felt when I was there whether you choose to listen is solely up to you.
I also believe you do have a right to your own opinion which very well be a valid one.
However unless you personaly are working or have worked in the past for a company you really should not try to pass judgement from other peoples experiences or negitivity in the end it will just bring you down to there level and make you not a very likeable person.
Live every day with a positive attitude and be happy with what you have in front of you and miracles will happen in your life.

CJdude said:

Do you expect them to be unprofessional, negative and grumpy?

Been here 4 years, the 20 a/c rumor is about a year old. There is a core group who believes in 20 more. I tend to think that there is better than 50/50 chance of "some" more. 20 would be the most in my opinion.

Benefits... not the best by any stretch. 401K match is 25% of 5% or basically 1% of the 5% you put in. The top is 70% of 7% matched earnings. Air Wisconsin is still light years ahead of us.

Medical, dental and prescription are OKAY, depending on where you live it may be better for you.

Travel, in October it gets worse, when they hit you just to have the privallege to use the passes.

Finally, we have the best PR people in HR in the industry!!!! Would you take a job offer if you knew no more aircraft and you may not see a hard line for years?

They are offering pilots $500 per referral we bring in. We are also paying hotel and $200 per week. Something they have NEVER done for pilots.
Think about those statements before touting Pinnacle as being the best place ever.

I am not bitter, but a realist when it comes to my company. We have LONG way to go before I would consider this place good.

dondk said:
Been here 4 years, the 20 a/c rumor is about a year old. There is a core group who believes in 20 more. I tend to think that there is better than 50/50 chance of "some" more. 20 would be the most in my opinion.

The next 20 have to go to Mesaba. Who knows how many more NWA will give out after that. I have a hard time believing Pinnacle will get any more based on the pilot negotiations and their recent operating history.

dondk said:
Do you expect them to be unprofessional, negative and grumpy?

Yes in general, but not at an interview - I asked why it took them 9000', to get off the runway and was told by the tower controller it had to do with the winds (slight crosswind) and most had done this, tonight; one of the pilots got on and said 'maybe its because we're heavy and shoot the approach the same speed you cruise at'

Sorry about your pay guys, was just asking...you guys get paid by the minute, right?

Towelie said:
The next 20 have to go to Mesaba. Who knows how many more NWA will give out after that. I have a hard time believing Pinnacle will get any more based on the pilot negotiations and their recent operating history.

Using history as a guide with NWA is a waste of time, they will do what they want with whom they want for the price they want.

Our negiotations may be a factor, offer us nothing and we have little to lose. Offer something and I would bet some will vote the "NWA way". Use MESA as a guide, offer growth and the group folds and votes in favor.

Regardless, XJ will get the next batch, but with 160 still outstanding (that is including XJ's 15), NWA still has many cards to play. I would not completely count 9E out of the running. Why else would be hiring when we already have the last jet on the property? Our staffing is bad, but not that bad that we need to hire for the rest of the year.

Latest resources

Back