• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, so the next conference call is next friday.....
I think that we should all come to an agreement on what questions to ask and keep the conference going in our direction. I think that we need to come up with a list of questions for the call and have one person or few, ask from a list we create here.

From viewing the thread lately, I feel it should go like this.
1. Seniority # --strict adherence when bidding on positions
2. Pay scale
3. OT pay---across the board for everyone..Without being forced to work OT.
4. Hotels---????????

If the $50 day pay existed on the old Jetride side as it does on the old Pinnacle side. I would be fine with selecting my own hotel. But other than that, I dont think it works for me. I fly mostly in the northeast, it's pretty expensive up here.

I agree. We should continue to add to this list and be sure all the questions are asked and answered.

should someone email this list to him and ask to cover this in the conference, or should we designate someone to ask these questions during the call. I guess we have just formed our own FAC. w/ stage names

should someone email this list to him and ask to cover this in the conference, or should we designate someone to ask these questions during the call. I guess we have just formed our own FAC. w/ stage names

The email or letter should go accordingly:

Dear Wynn,

Slick Maganeto, Osy007, Airplanes Suck guy, FL410 and the anally probed Elmo guy, would like to .........blah blah blah...

Sincerely,
Starcheck Driver

Actually, I think it would be a good idea to give them a list of items that we are concerned about and will bring up during the conference call. They could get the list ahead of time(days, week,etc.). The will then have time to think about the stuff and give us a legitimate and un-political answer.

Last edited:
The email or letter should go accordingly:

Dear Wynn,

Slick Maganeto, Osy007, Airplanes Suck guy, FL410 and the anally probed Elmo guy, would like to .........blah blah blah...

Sincerely,
Starcheck Driver

Why did I get designated as the hit man for this? I don't want to be the one signing the letter!

1. Seniority # --strict adherence when bidding on positions
2. Pay scale
3. OT pay---across the board for everyone..Without being forced to work OT.
4. Hotels---????????

5. FAC
6. SOP;s standardization training( for PA )

I can type something up and take it there first thing in the morning if yall want. I have already typed one for number 5 & 6 but not sure if I should send it.

Some thoughts about what we plan to suggest:

1. Seniority: As of now, at JR at least, it means very, very little. It should mean more. I have to disagree with osy007 and agree with Elmo a little on this. Complete disregard for everything else BUT seniority could be chaotic. Our base structure and living/travel arrangements are inherently different than the airlines. I was thinking about a bidding system something like this:

a. Open position in a fixed base: available to all pre-qualified pilots based on seniority alone. (current base and type NOT considered)

b. Open position in a floating aircraft: available to all pre-qualified pilots based on seniority alone. (current base and type NOT considered)

c. A/C lost from base, then new a/c of same type replaces it: Pilots in that base are given first priority, based on seniority within the base (must be pre-qualified in the type. New aircraft type [such as G4 replacing a LR60] would revert to scenario [a.].)

d. New A/C added to base (regardless of type): available to all pre-qualified pilots based on seniority alone. (Current base and type NOT considered)

e. New A/C type added to certificate: available to all pre-qualified pilots based on seniority. (Current base and type NOT considered) However, if no one in the company can be found pre-qualified, external hiring should take place. Not contract pilots, but pilots hired on a temporary basis (as in a year or two) to continue revenue service WHILE internally bid SIC positions help amass time necessary in type to take over as PIC in the airframe. As an alternative to the aforementioned, it could be required that two of the positions be filled externally with qualified pilots who enter our system permanently, and that one or two more of the SIC positions be exclusively required to be filled from within to guarantee some semblance of movement toward these large aircraft types.

2. Payscale: A progressive payscale similar to other companies that rewards more than a cost of living increase each year for time in service. Also, would provide for great equity among similarly-qualified pilots operating the same aircraft in the same seat position. Similarly, differences in pay between certain types should be eliminated, e.g. all Lear series should pay the same on the standard scale, considering the complexity and qualification of job task, not the revenue potential of the airframe. In the situation of larger aircraft such as Falcons and Gulfstreams, it is understood that these are inherently more demanding and complex pilot positions that require more renumeration.

3. Overtime: Current Jetride system, basically. Captains will be paid $300 a day and first officers $250. Overtime is strictly voluntary.

4. Per Diem: TBD. Pilots should expect to stay at least at Hampton Inns or similar quality hotels at no expense to themselves.

5. Uniforms: I'd like for the pilots to have some input as to the style, even if they don't take the advice. Also, especially since the company will ultimately pick the uniform, they should pick up the tab. Gas stations pay for their employee uniforms. If we are to pay for our own, then they should enforce a standard, not a specific type uniform.

Give me your thoughts. Just thought this might be a good starting block for what to bring to the table next friday.

Last edited:
I can't believe what I am seeing... flightinfo actually being used for a good cause!!

Does anybody have good computer skills, like Napoleon Dynamite, that can start up our own Jetride message board? Like we had at Airnet (Starcheck55.com)?

Latest resources

Back