• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you pack for two weeks? I just talked to a JetCorp pilot the other day (now part of JetDirect) who said they are going to a 20 on, 10 off schedule, with travel days tacked on front and back (so really 22 on, 8 off). You PA guys have been out for more than 15 days lately? Mandatory O/T? You should tell them to pay you O/T at the JetRide rate.

Pack for one week and do a wash. Who knows when I'm coming home. The 45's schedule is very "dynamic" right now. No comment on OT. This has been addressed before and no solution was obtained.

OT, yeah, that's REAL funny. OT doesn't exist on PA property.

What higher med premium? We pay $2.00 a month at PA.

15/15 or 16/14, or 18/17, pack for 9 then wash. Our remote schedule sucks, no doubt.

Companies like Pinnacle and Jetride do not need our charity. As much as they may want it, gaps in coverage are direct results of staffing and schedule incompentencies. I'm always glad to help out in this respect, but for a price. The idea that schedules can't be covered and the slack must somehow be picked up by those of us who have no control over it whatsoever is simply absurd.

Write emails to Wynn, guys. Tell him that it's unacceptable for a company worth millions and making millions in profit to ask you to work days off without just compensation. Reference contract pilot day pay. Be respectful... he'll listen.

i heard that the jetride cp got a g-4 type and told nobody???

He told anybody that inquired about his absence in the office. And before any starts to rant about the justification for him getting the type....Jetride's POI and some others from the FAA mandated that a member of management be typed in the aircraft prior to commencing revenue operations. So, it was either the CP or the DO.

Pinnacle will not pay over time, in the past if a pilot worked one of their scheduled days off, the policy stated that Pinnacle was suppose to pay that pilot $100.00. As far as I know one pilot just resigned and they had not compensated him for the 10 days he had worked and that is a fact. There is no progressive pay scale in place and no overtime policy in place at present. They have lost 4 pilots in the 45 program in the last few months and that is a fact.

My guess is that most of the pilots from the former Jetride will not stand for working days off without compensation. As AirplanesSuck stated earlier, most are happy to help out the company in a jam, but not for free. We work enough as it is and value our time off. Working overtime without pay is just plain wrong and no company should expect their employees to do it.

Food for thought....I don't always need money for working a day off. Sometimes getting an extra day off the following duty rotation will suffice as just compensation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back