• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle 11-09 out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mmm....I cant wait to see an 08 Colgan "Captain" get paired up with a REAL 9E FO that was hired before him in the same flight deck...this is a joke and anyone that cant see that is blind...9E pilots got the shaft as usual...tuck your chests back in everyone there are some seeking legal advice through private resources...there is nothing right about this...we had our own airline stolen from under our noses...you know it and we know...stop trying to play nice and for God sakes stop calling yourself a Pinnacle pilot...9 months ago we were all just crazy arrogant rednecks and you wanted nothing to do with this name and know all of us sudden "WE ARE ALL PINNACLE PILOTS"..you may wear the uniform now..and you may get to fly our airplanes and your ID may even say Pinnacle and you may say Flagship on the air...but make no mistake you are who you are and your not a Pinnacle pilot...and every one of us knows it...cant wait to fly with you...enjoy my upgrade...

Let me be the first to say this: please get over it. Don't make things so personal when they're clearly not. It's not like every Colgan pilot personally influenced Bloch's decision-making over some beers in Herndon. It went to abitration. Fair or not, for better or worse, things are what they are- and they aren't changing.

I'll tell you what you don't see.. And that's the Colgan people acting like professionals about any windfall that might have come their way. The people who you say are "enjoying your upgrade" aren't running around high-fiving each other, dancing in the terminal, gloating about how they screwed some other groups in the SLI. You may envision that, but it isn't the case.

Please know, that while you feel burned by this, the people who perhaps faired better than you aren't rubbing it in your face. If they were, I'd very likely share your sentiments.

Last edited:
First of, I am glad I am not an original Pinnacle pilot. It seems the only thing I could do on this board is complain and call people names. As far as who I work for now, I am a pilot on the Pinnacle holdings seniority list and will soon work for Pinnacle Airlines. If I am not a Pinnacle pilot, I guess I don't know what I am. It is too bad it sounds like you will take this into the cockpit. That can't be a real safe attitude.

of course I dont have a safe attitude! Im a Pinnacle pilot remember?? Its a wonder I can wake up in the morning and put my own pants on without pissing myself and tripping over my pet rock on the way out the door. Did you forget??

mmm....I cant wait to see an 08 Colgan "Captain" get paired up with a REAL 9E FO that was hired before him in the same flight deck...this is a joke and anyone that cant see that is blind...9E pilots got the shaft as usual...tuck your chests back in everyone there are some seeking legal advice through private resources...there is nothing right about this...we had our own airline stolen from under our noses...you know it and we know...stop trying to play nice and for God sakes stop calling yourself a Pinnacle pilot...9 months ago we were all just crazy arrogant rednecks and you wanted nothing to do with this name and know all of us sudden "WE ARE ALL PINNACLE PILOTS"..you may wear the uniform now..and you may get to fly our airplanes and your ID may even say Pinnacle and you may say Flagship on the air...but make no mistake you are who you are and your not a Pinnacle pilot...and every one of us knows it...cant wait to fly with you...enjoy my upgrade...

There is plenty of that at Delta now. Most Delta pilots were placed with FNWA pilots that were hired about 2 years before them, and some 07 hires at Delta were placed next to FNWA year 2000 hires that were furloughed. It was close to relative seniority, as in what % you were at before the merger. That is what the 3 arbitrators said was fair.

So, how many Mesaba and Pinnacle guys got the Q Captain in EWR and IAH? That would be a change. Did Mesaba Saab guys get the Q? Good luck to you guys.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Did the pinniacle guys loose the size of their penis also, let's face it that's the real issue here...get over it, get under it, or get out.

Did the pinniacle guys loose the size of their penis also, let's face it that's the real issue here...get over it, get under it, or get out.

What??? You want to see my Penis?? Absolutely not, I thought they busted you in Houston a few years ago??

I actually think a cruise ship could be good. As long as you have a conference room. It's a new way of "lock em in a room" since you won't have cell coverage out there.

The cruise ship might have kept the Mesaba committee at the table instead of them making a break for the airport after calling a caucus on day one of the negotiations.

There is plenty of that at Delta now. Most Delta pilots were placed with FNWA pilots that were hired about 2 years before them, and some 07 hires at Delta were placed next to FNWA year 2000 hires that were furloughed. It was close to relative seniority, as in what % you were at before the merger. That is what the 3 arbitrators said was fair.

So, how many Mesaba and Pinnacle guys got the Q Captain in EWR and IAH? That would be a change. Did Mesaba Saab guys get the Q? Good luck to you guys.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You're getting soft. You mellowing with age?

I know this forum is mainly a joke rodeo but I thought possibly I could get some insight on a few issues. I cannot get anyone in the company including FS to give me good info, it may be that I do not know who to contact. Here is my background. I am a 9E pilot hired Jan 07. I was awarded JFK 200 CA and completed training in Sept.... yeah last month. I was displaced to 200 FO on Vacancy 11-08. On 11-09 I was expecting to get reinstated to JFK 200 CA using contract reinstatement rights. I was not reinstated. When I email FS he says "you were reinstated and then subsequently displaced again by a more senior LGA SF3 CA. SO....
1. I do not understand how I was not reinstated because on the initial there are people that were awarded JFK 200 CA due to their bid preferences, not due to displacements. The way I understand it I should be able to be reinstated even out of seniority order unless everyone awarded those positions are displacements senior to myself. Am I wrong?
2. Do you think there is a chance I will hold it on the secondary?
3. I do not understand how the magic line between who was displaced and who remained in their seat on 11-08 was mysteriously in the same exact place on the initial 11-09 even after the numbers on the CA seats in JFK were upped drastically. You would think at least one would be reinstated... or on the negative side... another 9E guy would be displaced from JFK 200 CA... you just cannot convince me that this is all blind luck of numbers that nothing changed good or bad.
4. Does anyone have the name of the union reps overseeing this process? PM me if you would like but I would like to have a point of contact when I have questions.
5. I had Q400 CA on my bid over FO but I was not awarded that on the initial and I was senior to at least 15 that were awarded the Q... whats up with that?

On a side note I have since decided that I personally think training strait over to Q400 CA would not be a safe move for me to make... If the traveling public only knew that were are going to have captains training on aircraft that they have NO time in, there would be a public outcry. And for the record... I fear for Pinnacle Corps safety record over the next 12 mos.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back