• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pink Slips !!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i dont think the airlines look at failed checkrides as a factor to hire you or not unless there is a pattern of failed checkrides every other year or two over a 5 or 10 year period.. i have failed checkrides before getting my 1st airline job. just keep working hard.. i have heard that if you have more than 1 speeding ticket in 5 yrs that can do you more harm then any failed checkrides. i would try and contact some pilot recruiters from different airlines and ask them what they think?? ..

Thanks to all that replied !! I think you are ALL full of good advice and thanks for letting me know that no one is perfect. I do seem to be perfectionist at most things and I do HATE to fail at ANYTHING I do. If my airspeed is off by 2 or 3 kts I feel I dont have control of the plane and it bugs the hell out of me, same thing with all the other instrument stuff as well. But it seems that I am not alone in this, even though I felt as if I were. This is the first blemish on my record and I sure don't want another. Again, thanks to all that replied to my post...keep up the good work and safe flying to you all.

Perfectionism

I would have liked having you as a student. You and I are on the same page. No one is or can be perfect. However, now's the time to strive for for precise control of airspeed, heading and altitude. It'll serve you later on, no matter what aircraft you fly and how and when you fly them. Precise aircraft control is important when flying advanced equipment. I had to battle many of my students who were convinced that PTS standards were only the best they needed to do and who did not appreciate the importance of precise flying.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but I appreciate how you're striving for high standards. Lots of luck with your flying.

No worries! I busted my PPL too. I busted the oral.

It was my first intro to flying. I didn't know the procedures, I didn't know anything and I counted on my CFI to pull me through it all. I figured it would be like driver's ed or like high school.

I learned a good lesson and now I study very hard for everything. You can't help a bad flight. Everyone has one at one time or another. Also, a lot of people have a busted checkride.

43hrs?

Not to be doom and gloom first off your going to be just fine with a pink slip on your PVT check ride in the long run BUT. My question is do you really have 43hrs? That is very low time It might meet the mins but in my 1000 + hr as a CFI I only had 1 student that was ready to confidently pass his checkride with less than 45-50 hrs most are closer to 55hr. The national average is near 75 hrs for a PVT ticket.
My point is get your instructor to take you out to the shortest narrowest field in your area and go do touch and go's around the patch until it looks big. Or find a nice X-wind or dirt strip and get your confidence as well as your skill leavle above the minimums to pass the Pvt Check ride. Your going to need those abilitys for your Commerical soon, so the better you get be for your Pvt the less you need to learn down the road.

Best of luck and don't be in a hurry, you still need 250 hr to become a Commerical pilot. Othello

Latest resources

Back