• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pink slipped last night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a GREAT job that I loved. One that I will never be able to match....I have lots of contacts as I have always valued the importance of staying in touch with folks. It is a small, small world. Plus, I generally enjoy hanging out with the flying crowd.

Typed in Citations (500 series). Captain. 5000tt

Thanks for the encouragement and advice guys. I appreciate it. I was primarily venting. I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. Anyone come across anything in MD/VA/NC, throw the scraps my way :)

Cool!...lol.

Just easy on the dorky pilot stuff, facebook is primarily to check out chiks, we dont care where you are flying to or care about cockpit pictures.

:laugh:

well said! Tired of the hardcore Im in the cockpit, check out my profile pic stuff.

Had a GREAT job that I loved. One that I will never be able to match....I have lots of contacts as I have always valued the importance of staying in touch with folks. It is a small, small world. Plus, I generally enjoy hanging out with the flying crowd.

Typed in Citations (500 series). Captain. 5000tt

Thanks for the encouragement and advice guys. I appreciate it. I was primarily venting. I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. Anyone come across anything in MD/VA/NC, throw the scraps my way :)

Take advantage of the government programs while unemployed - you've been paying into them for a long time....... unemployment, food stamps, state sponsored insurance. It can really help take some of the stress away while searching for a job. Then research the Workforce Investment Act for your state and see if they have any funds for another type rating or for another career path.

Good Luck - I've been there several times in the past 2 years!

:beer:

PS - Network, network, network! Sign up for ACASS, JetProfessionals, and any other Pilot contract companies - the demand for contract pilots is rising again!

Last edited:
I got laid off in Jan, never really networked before either, but I loved my job !!!
However, I got some basic information from my local FBO about some operators and made a few calls. One chief pilot suggested i join the local MBAA in my area, so I did. It was the best thing that I could have done, no, I wasn't annoying or anything, I would just go to the events introduce myself and see were the conversation went. I wouldn't necessarily go and talk to the people in charge, but I would search out other pilots. By doing that and just having a normal conversation (not a blubbering sob story ) it has gotten my name out there and several face to face meetings with the people in charge. Has it gotten me a job yet ? No, however it looks like things are beginning to pick up and it looks like I may even have an interview in the near future.

My point is, It is never to late to start networking and just be smart about it and have a positive attitude. Aviation is a very small world and people talk.

Good Luck

Guido,

I think what was ment by the comment is call everyone you know let them know you are looking for work. Pilots hear about jobs all the time but if they don't know anyone they know is looking the info will not get passed along. DHC8FO good luck like they said don't panic let everyone know your available for contract work. Get going on unemployment asap. My layoffs in the passed kept me out 90-120 days. Hit it hard something will come up.

Chairman

Bingo!

Spoken like a true gentlemen.

Ten,

Latest resources

Back