• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pink slipped last night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to be blunt, but now is NOT the time to be networking. The time to be networking was the last several years. Imagine how you would feel being the Chief Pilot at a place that operated the same equipment and this person never felt the need to "stop in and say hello" until he needed something from you.

Go FUKC yourself, BTW...What if the "Chief Pilot" lost his job and he never stopped in and said hello to fellow schlubs across the airport? What goes around, comes around, dude.

I am not the originator of this thread but it certainly caught my eye. My wifes brother was let go this morning from his Citation II Part 135 job. He has the C550 type and a little under 2000tt, with maybe half of that in the C550. He has a service industry background with over a decade of fine dining experience that seems to have served him well in the on demand charter biz. He is in the Los Angeles basin.

Here is my question. I got him into this business several years ago when things where booming. I would like to help him take the next step. If you were in his position and someone was willing to lend you the dough to get a type rating to make yourself more marketable, what type rating would you get?

I am not the originator of this thread but it certainly caught my eye. My wifes brother was let go this morning from his Citation II Part 135 job. He has the C550 type and a little under 2000tt, with maybe half of that in the C550. He has a service industry background with over a decade of fine dining experience that seems to have served him well in the on demand charter biz. He is in the Los Angeles basin.

Here is my question. I got him into this business several years ago when things where booming. I would like to help him take the next step. If you were in his position and someone was willing to lend you the dough to get a type rating to make yourself more marketable, what type rating would you get?

Thats a broad question thats been addressed before. Check previous threads. Keep in mind that type ratings are just that. Often, the actual rating will do you little good without time on the airframe to go with it. There are some possibilities where a company may take a chance on your friend if he is willing to pay for a rating in their type of aircraft. However, proceed with caution in that as well since its considered "pay for training" and is disliked by many. I know that doesnt do your friend any good, but research around to make sure whatever your aiming at can be reached by getting a type rating alone. Good luck.

CRJCA

I would recommend loaning him the cash for training on the General Electric C38EMi.
You will have to Google it to find out what it is.
Seriously though IMO another type is the least of his worries. With so many pilots on the street odds are that there is someone who is not only typed but has 100's of hrs. and is current on whatever the aircraft might be. 495 NetJet pilots are the first of many that come to mind as far as the competition goes. I can't speak to the LA basin but in my neck of the woods the job market SUXXXXXXXXXXX !!! Sorry to see another pilot on the street but sugar coating what the situation out here in the Corp./Charter/Frac. world is like would not be doing you guys any favors. If he wants to go to the dark side, some of the regionals have been doing limited hiring. Of course we all know what that entails as far as pay,lifestyle and job security is concerned.
Hold on to the cash for now and let this economy work itself out.

Thanks for the good replies! He is not in a good place with regards to his experience level and the general economic state of affairs. But he has a good attitude and can hopefully fall back on his previous employment to see him through until this thing turns around.

3it

Latest resources

Back