Pilots - Work One Day For Haiti Challenge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ready, Fire, Aim....

....I am actually a practicing Christian. I am not perfect by any means but I try to work at it. If Haiti is 90% Christian then I stand corrected and withdraw my first post. I assumed that it was a voo-doo culture.

Do you "practice" by reading the word? "Love thy enemy" ring a bell? Its got to be one of the first things a new Christian reads.

If you don't know for certain that what you are saying is in line with the truth then keep your mouth shut and wait until you learn or take the time to look it up.

You just end up reflecting poorly upon Christ to those who don't know.

It does not matter what the majority of the Haitians are. They are people who need help, we are to help. Friend, enemy. It does not matter. It is not really our money anyhow.

"Donating" through U.S. gov't taxes is a joke.
The President is giving away money we don't have so our taxes are not going to pay for that.
We do far more with our charitable giving than the government could ever do.

Last edited:
>>>>You pay lip service to independence and self-sufficiency outside of government. Yet, when it comes to putting your money where your mouth is, you choose to depend on the government. It's all about the money, isn't it?<<<

I had no choice in the matter. The government takes a portion of my paycheck and I can't do anything about it. They take so much (and then waste so much of it) that it's rare that I let much else of my money go anywhere else other than providing for me and my familiy. The American people via the American government and military has given and is giving PLENTY, especially when you consider the millions over the years dumped in that rathole. Corruption and lawlessness has always reigned and it's prevented good, self-sufficient capitilism from ever taking hold. You know - teach a guy to fish instead of giving him fish and all that. Due to the earthquake, those people need special help right now and they are getting it as best as can be accomplished. The U.S. government is GIVING Haiti a LOT of help and I, through my taxes, already contributed plenty. The American government's generosity and help represents and IS my generosity and help. I gave at tax time and am done till I pay my taxes again in a couple of months.

Now, while the opportunity presents itself, the U.S. needs to get a decent government set-up there, get companies to put a few factories down there to create decent jobs, (you and the unions here would scream though) and get some good law enforcement there to shut down the gangs and corruption. It'll never happen though and Haiti will go back to being the lost, chaotic, pathetic place it's been ever since they got their independence 200 years ago and their hand will always be out again again for my money via the U.S. government and nothing changes for the better because the leaders of Haiti and their lieutenants never allow it because they're more interested in enriching themselves and paying off gangs to do their dirty work.

Sounds like Detroit, D.C. and a lot of other urban areas in the United States. The more money we throw at it the more corrupt and ineffective it becomes.

I'm sympathetic to the plight of Haiti, but I agree with Mach 80. My hard earned tax dollars are already being used to help via the humanitarian aid being rendered by the U.S. military. I believe that aid to be the most effective available to solve the near term crisis. I have no confidence that any money I contribute will be used to solve the short term problem of food, water, shelter and medical aid. If I thought it would make a difference I would gladly contribute.

Once again the Great Satan is taking the lead on getting something done whenever any major humanitarian effort is required. I don't see Al Qeada, China, Iran, Afghanistan, North Korea, Russia or anybody else ponying up. As ususal it's the United States doing the lion's share of the effort. Even the U.N. effort is mainly a product of U.S. dollars and U.S. troops.

Sounds like Detroit, D.C. and a lot of other urban areas in the United States. The more money we throw at it the more corrupt and ineffective it becomes.

I'm sympathetic to the plight of Haiti, but I agree with Mach 80. My hard earned tax dollars are already being used to help via the humanitarian aid being rendered by the U.S. military. I believe that aid to be the most effective available to solve the near term crisis. I have no confidence that any money I contribute will be used to solve the short term problem of food, water, shelter and medical aid. If I thought it would make a difference I would gladly contribute.

Once again the Great Satan is taking the lead on getting something done whenever any major humanitarian effort is required. I don't see Al Qeada, China, Iran, Afghanistan, North Korea, Russia or anybody else ponying up. As ususal it's the United States doing the lion's share of the effort. Even the U.N. effort is mainly a product of U.S. dollars and U.S. troops.

You're just another one that is using this disaster to express your political agenda.

Where do you get spoon fed this crap? Rush Limbaugh? I question your perception of reality.

Yes, China and Russia are helping. North Korea? Are you kidding? Pick up a newspaper. Iran and Afghanistan are in no position to help. And bringing up Al Qeada is just plain stupid!

Yes, there are charities with whom your donations go directly to relief. Check the Forbes link in my previous post.

Instead of living in denial to bolster your political views, just take the blinders off for a minute.

Last edited:
I don't have blinders on, you do. You think your $10 bucks is going to make a difference when in reality the Haitian people won't see a dime of it any time soon. If you want some immediate relief for Haiti support the U.S.military humanitarian effort. That's their best hope.

The U.S. and Americans are portrayed around the world as ignorant, self-serving, intrusive evil capitalists. Yet we are ALWAYS the first on the scene when anyone, anywhere needs help. We give more and more often than any other country on the planet, but we're the bad guys. I'm tired of it. If that's too political for you, too damn bad.

Sfr....

I hope that you are not being serious with your response? If you are truly a Christian, you will remember a few basic philosophies...

Number 1: do unto others, as you would have done unto yourself.

Number 2: god sent his only son to die for us, so that we might be saved...your general attitude and approach to life is confusing, if you truly are a "Christian".

Latest resources

Back