Pilots with guns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KFFA

Has anybody had any first hand experience with pilots that can now carry guns in the cockpit? How was the class? Is it worth going through class with all the hassle? What gun is it p229? What about jump seating and commuting with it?

Hey dude,
While I may not be a big fan of packing, I don't think discussion about things like this should be on a public forum. You're asking questions about National security, so may I politely suggest you keep your questions off public forums.

Skirt

skirt said:
You're asking questions about National security, so may I politely suggest you keep your questions off public forums.

Skirt

Whatever...

The jumpseating and commuting policy has already been published, as well as details of the intensity of the class. Something like 1000 rounds/day. Plus some brutal close quarters unarmed/armed combat classes. As far as the type of weapon, it is a .40 but I too would like to know the specific type. If that is a national security issue I guess I'd better go put my T-37 Dash 1 in a safe and burn my ops limits/boldface test...

Except for the M-9's the Carter administration stuck us with, the official US Gov policy is buy American. Let me see...what US gunmaker has a .40 cal semiautomatic pistol?

I better lock-up my UH-1 and AH-1 -10's because they say classified on the covers. Even though you can buy one at almost any surplus store, complete with recent changes.

Last edited:
Well there must be a loophole, 'cause there are some Sigs and H&Ks running around. My favorite is SOCOMs H&K .45 ACP with 12 round magazine... I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that thing while trying to bust through the cockpit door.

I love the Sig, myself. When the US Army bid for the psitol was out in '79 & '80, I bought the Browning .45, which was actually made by Sig. Everyone was certain Browning would win the bid, but we know who actually got it.

I wish I hadn't sold it. It is a collector's item, now. A Browning .45 with "made by Sig Sauer" printed on it.

There are plenty of loopholes. That's why the C-23 is being shoved in the Army's face by Sen KKK Byrd. Shorts is made in Ireland, but the C-23 is considered an American product because it is reman'd in Virginia. They are actually taking Shorts 360's, chopping the tails off, then putting the 330 tails back on. Now, it is American made.

Last edited:
National Security. . .

Spur said:
Whatever...

If that is a national security issue I guess I'd better go put my T-37 Dash 1 in a safe and burn my ops limits/boldface test...

Hey. . . . if you're not careful you could put an eye out with a T-37. . .

dixieflyer said:
Skirt,

I suspect you are some affirmative action female, if not you must really be an idiot.

dixieflyer WTF does affirmative action have to do with that post??? While I don't agree with her comment she is certainly entilted to it!! Can we as you put it "suspect" that by your callsign dixieflyer that you are some back woods country fuk clan member?? See where this went? totally not cool!!!

WD.

Last edited:
Good call Whiskey Driver-
I don't agree with Skirt, but that dixieflyer comment came from out of left field, heck from out of the bleachers! ...by the way he paid for my flight training as well as the Air Force dudes up at the top of the thread as well as his own (he made a point of letting us know he paid for his flight lessons...)

See where all this goofy message board name calling has gotten us...next thing ya know the ACLU will be sticking it's nose in our posts!

Keep common sense alive...somewhere!

Aloha,
Dixie DAWG

Latest resources

Back