Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots wearing backpacks??? lets get campy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERJDRVR2 said:
I have one better !!

I just DH to CVG in the back of an MD80. While reading the paper I looked up to see some jack-off wearing his headsets with boom mike !! I thought I must be mistaken. Clearly I was mistaken and just some guy wearing a Bose noise XL headset. NOPE, a Comair Cpt was wearing his Bose headsets in full uniform in the back of the MD80.
I do nto think the back-pack is that big of a deal if you are hauling books to study from, but this IDIOT was an embarrassment to us all.
Someone needs to tell him to knock it off.

I have even A BETTER one!! I also wear my Bose X while DHing/commuting in the back no matter which aircraft, even if I look like an "idiot" or an embarrassment to others. Apparently you have never worn these headsets so you will never appreciate what it exactly it does. 30 years from now, I'll be the one laughing at types like you when you're wearing you're big clunky hearing aids. :p

But guess what... WHO THE FK cares??? People that have problems over sh!t like backpacks, headsets, stickers on flightcases, pilot hats, pilots wearing baseball caps while flying, etc have issues themselves if they have the urge to go on a public forum and complain about irrelevant sh!t.

Take a break from your keyboard, get outside a little more, soak up some sun, and try to imagine, 10 years from now, it won't mean sh!t!

RampTower said:
Take a break from your keyboard, get outside a little more, soak up some sun, and try to imagine, 10 years from now, it won't mean sh!t!

Well...again my point....

Pan Am took ownership of thier pilots image. The pilots enjoyed a time when they didn't have to work at thier image.

Now, in today's current environment, no one is taking ownership of the Air Line Pilot image. Not even the pilots!

So if no one cares about the pilot image now.....

try to imagine, 10 years from now, it won't mean sh!t

Persistantly Yours,

Rez

Last edited:
T-Gates said:
My god...this is the attitude that kills me....

When my schedule gets better...I'll stop wearing the backpack!

When I get paid more....I'll wear my hat!

When they stop Junior Manning me....I'll wear the Jacket!

What ever happened to just STFU and doing your job the way you signed on to do it?

T-GATES, youve got it. For the rest of you cry babies screaming about your wages. QUIT your JOB!!! You arent needed!! There are plenty of pilots on the back burners that will take your place. There's nothing wrong with looking presentable whether you're a waitress, secretary of state, or a frickin pilot. SOME OF YOU BOTTOMFEEDER PILOTS NEED TO ACT LIKE SOMETHING MORE THAN A POT HEAD SKATER AND REALIZE THAT PEOPLE ENTRUST THIER LIVES TO YOU. Bottom line.....just save your self the embarrasment and quit your job! Airport Janitors look better than some of you jacka$$'s.

pinkbush said:
T-GATES, youve got it. For the rest of you cry babies screaming about your wages. QUIT your JOB!!! You arent needed!! There are plenty of pilots on the back burners that will take your place. There's nothing wrong with looking presentable whether you're a waitress, secretary of state, or a frickin pilot. SOME OF YOU BOTTOMFEEDER PILOTS NEED TO ACT LIKE SOMETHING MORE THAN A POT HEAD SKATER AND REALIZE THAT PEOPLE ENTRUST THIER LIVES TO YOU. Bottom line.....just save your self the embarrasment and quit your job! Airport Janitors look better than some of you jacka$$'s.

Sometimes I wear white socks!!!! BTW- I did quit and now allowed to dress like a complete slob!!!

I'm not one to resurect old threads, but on CNN this afternoon, they were talking about the possible Delta strike and filming at ATL. They showed a captain and FO walking through the terminal, after the two walked by the camera, they zoomed in on another Delta pilot in the background waiting in line for food wearing a hat, carring a newspaper and WEARING A BACKPACK.
I guess its not just the regional guys/gals.

jumppilot03 said:
I'm not one to resurect old threads, but on CNN this afternoon, they were talking about the possible Delta strike and filming at ATL. They showed a captain and FO walking through the terminal, after the two walked by the camera, they zoomed in on another Delta pilot in the background waiting in line for food wearing a hat, carring a newspaper and WEARING A BACKPACK.
I guess its not just the regional guys/gals.

In the twenty years I've been flying out of ATL, I've never once seen a DAL pilot wear a backpack. On the other hand, I see the regional guys wearing them quite a bit. You happen to have a link to a video of that footage? I'd bet you just mistaked some regional pilot for a DAL guy.

Tank Commander said:
You were riding in a car seat half of those.

Shouldn't you be out smoking so they can raise your insurance rate and lower mine? ;)

Next time your in a retirement home, look around. How many over weight old people do you see. None, cause they don't make it that far. Now, ask those old people how many of them smoked in the past? half will raise their hands. Ask, how many of you still smoke? 10-5% will raise their hands with maybe another 5% that won't raise their hand because they are not suppose to be smoking because they are hooked up to oxygen.

Latest resources

Back