Pilots & Tattoos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For women, no visible tattoos and no more than one ring per ear...Tasteful ones

For men, no hair below the collar, no beards, and even a moron could tell you no piercings or visible tattoos....It's a friggin airplane not an MTV concert.....

Body art

FlyGirlFelicia said:
See, I really don't think it matters. I don't have piercings and tattoos, but it wouldn't stop me from hiring someone who did, and I sure wouldn't think of them negatively in the workplace.
(emphasis added)

. . . but that is you, and you are not doing airline hiring.

The problem is that aviation is a traditional, conservative business with traditional, conservative values. The folks who run aviation are (by legal definition) adults whose values are more Lawrence Welk than AC-DC. These adults are the people upon whom you must make a good impression because they are the ones who hire. These people prefer a conservative, tasteful, professional appearance. People form impressions of others by their appearance. Many adults are offended by certain forms of body art and you will give a bad impression if you present a negative appearance. Unfortunately, as with tattoos, a bad first impression is usually indelible.

Just keep your goal in mind and the audience who will further that goal, and give that audience what it wants. In this case, it really doesn't want tattoos. Perhaps the exception would be military veterans.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back