• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots scam Continental in fake divorces

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So someone has legally divorced their wife. She legally receives the pension. They legally remarry.

Sounds legal to me.

There sure are many Halos hanging over some of this threads posters.

Hmm.

He said "legal" throughout his post.

Turns out, he is right.

Not too long ago, a fierce hag went so far as to have a "marriage ceremony," to cement her relationship with her current beau. It occurred in south Florida.

Trick is, she was receiving alimony. A LARGE piece of cake, as it were.

Since she didn't have an actual wedding, wasn't marrying the shoob she was glommed... and since it went to court...

The judge was forced to agree, she wasn't married to the FNG.

Ethical? No.

Malice aforethought? Surely!

The poor bastard has to continue paying alimony.

Ethical and legal oft never cross..... this is pretty low, and we'll all pay for it, but it is what it is.

"....the pilots and their spouses got paper-only divorces while continuing to live together and concealing the change in their marital status from their children and friends. "

If they had done it right, they would have actually physically split up.

The flaw in their plan was continuing to co-habitate which indicated that the divorce itself was a sham. This proved an intent to commit fraud. The point of a divorce being to separate.

If they were smart they would have:

- Established a separate residence for both husband and wife.

- Established separate bank accounts, phone numbers, mailing addresses etc.

Basically, everything you would actually do in a divorce situation.

Getting remarried after this separation / divorce would then have no bearing on the case. People do get divorced and sometimes subsequently wind up getting married again.

But you can't say "I'm divorcing him ( or her ) ", continue to live as though no divorce ever occured and then proceed to collect a big chunk of change predicated on a divorce that has in reality only taken place on paper.

Geez...If you want to make things THAT obvious, just walk into a bank and rob it.

YKMKR

Last edited:
What pension? I don't get one, this does not bother me. I just hope they get fired and we can recall some people.

I jsut saw 8 more people put on the 756 IAH FO side on this last bid!!!! yeah!!!!! reserve wil get better again!!!

yeah!!! yeah!!! yeah eya eya yeah!!!!!!

What is so surprising?

How could you trust people who where hired during the strike or crossed a line especially those who crossed in the first few days? Immoral slime all over sudden become moral people? Only in fairy tales.

Scamming the company, second families in every Brazilian destination or picking up open time until you are illegal with furloughs on the street - what's the difference?

Take the money and run!!!! It won't be there later!!

Latest resources

Back