Pilots Respond to NWA Recruitment Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just want to be HELD!! ;)

I looked at your website. Sounds like you have a good case against the union NPA or whatever you guys call it to have Alan "the Alligator" and "Masturbation" Mike removed from office. In my opinion though, those guys are pissed off at you because your pretty much showed them up and now they are taking it out on you by excluding you from the mediation talks. A lot of ego it sounds and not a whole lot of brains. Yeah, kick those clowns out!

Sorry for the thread creep.

Cobra Airlines. We struck more than all the other legacys combined. The great contracts of the late 90's were a benifit of the NWA '98 strike. Ch-11 negotiations were another thing. And we negotiated/avoided 4:15 vs 5.00 ave. day, got trip rig of 1:3.75, not 1 : 4.0, lower caps than many. Those add up to much less days on the road than 4 other majors I know. We prefered that at this time more than a few bucks an hour. Saved 200 more furloughs also. I have lived in Ann Arbor, and around other suburbs there, not too bad, MSP suburbs are very nice and great quality of life , great schools and family place. Done the south, west and currently in Texas, nothing great here, with all having good points and less desireable ones. Many factors go into judging a place to live etc...Except for the junior guys anywhere who feel the brunt of the tough times, NWA and other legacys are poised for some good times and continued contract improvemnts. For those of you so expert and smart and/or so ignorant, please stay at your dream job. And how do you know so much about companies you don't work for? For those of you who are smart enough to look at the last 20 years, it should be easy to see where the good jobs were and will be very soon. Don't chase the tail.

Last edited:
Hi!

I've lived in 25 places.

The Twin Cities was by FAR the best. The TC is the ONLY place in the Midwest that I really, really like.

I do understand that some people wouldn't want to live there because of the weather-they like it hot all the time.

I think the weather is good in the TC. But, of course, I used to live in a place where we wanted to move to Fargo because Fargo had better weather!

The ONLY thing I don't like about the TC is that there are no large mountains nearby.

I think DTW and MEM are horrible.

Good Luck To You!

cliff
YIP

They failed to mention that probably 90% have 2000 hours TT and no PIC time.

'WE' pilots know the implication of this. However, the public has no clue, nor will they ever, nor do they care to. So long as the tickets are cheap, they have demonstrated no desire to care who/what flies the plane. It could be Mr. Chao, from China, who makes $500/month and has 400TT, is half asleep from his 8 hour 'van ride included 'rest' and they don't care. by the way...why was the flight delayed??

'WE' pilots know the implication of this. However, the public has no clue, nor will they ever, nor do they care to. So long as the tickets are cheap, they have demonstrated no desire to care who/what flies the plane. It could be Mr. Chao, from China, who makes $500/month and has 400TT, is half asleep from his 8 hour 'van ride included 'rest' and they don't care. by the way...why was the flight delayed??

I agree bro. Your last line says it all.

Latest resources

Back