• Start date
  • Watchers 8

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The NWA pilots name is Lyle Prouse. Avweb.com published a story on him not too long ago. I read it through a link off of another message board. It made for some interesting reading and I would highly recommend it. The sotry shouldn't be too hard to find.

Aceshigh

In addition to the Northwest fellow, there was also the guy from Continental a few years back. He had something like 17 drinks the night before a flight and then actually flew the plane before the FED's met him at the gate. After being fired, he appealed through the union and was hired back as a flight instructor. His defence was that he was an alcoholic and therefore it constituted as a disability (he said that it also explained why he was able to stomach 17 drinks). More recently he has been put back on the flight line.....so you never know.

very interesting- unreal how he was "allowed" to fly again NOT to even mention it was for NWA....

C H E E R S

3 5 0

How many America West pilots does it take to fly an Airbus???

2 and 1/5

I guess if you "play" then you should pay a steep price for it however I sure hope that this doesn't turn out to be the same outcome as was the NWA case...... The FAA should take action and stick to it and not have a change of hearts 3 years down the line and grant a "second chance"......- Absolutely amazing how the FAA allowed that captain to get back into the cockpit.

I would assume that the defense team will argue that the jury pool will be tainted and biased due to the fact that the media has lit up the skies pretty much all over the FL. environment and may have an appeal IF these pilots are found guilty.- This should be very interesting in all aspects due to many variables and how the legal system is structured.

can't wait to hear post trial comments from the jury //

C H E E R S

3 5 0

( we do have whisk ey.........)

I just saw on the news that one of the two payed the tab at the bar (I think it was Moe's) in MIA 6 hrs before, I don't know if it was show or departure. It was $122.00 and included 7 34 oz beers, 1 Martini, and a happy hour beer, ogh yeah and a burger. Good thing they had that burger!

pipers said:
In addition to the Northwest fellow, there was also the guy from Continental a few years back. He had something like 17 drinks the night before a flight and then actually flew the plane before the FED's met him at the gate. After being fired, he appealed through the union and was hired back as a flight instructor. His defence was that he was an alcoholic and therefore it constituted as a disability (he said that it also explained why he was able to stomach 17 drinks). More recently he has been put back on the flight line.....so you never know.

Ahhh, have to wave the bull$hit flag on this. This has not happened to any CAL pilot.

Beer

$122 plus $20 tip.

That incuded something like 8 34 oz. drafts, 7 16oz beers, a Kettleone martini, and the burger.

Not to mention that they were on tape for this and left in plenty of time for four hours of sleep.

Latest resources

Back