• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots & Cali - Do They Mix?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$650.00 a month..... Where do i sign up?? that's cheap living..... Oh wait, i have a house.

navigator72 said:
$650.00 a month..... Where do i sign up?? that's cheap living..... Oh wait, i have a house.
My first house was brand new and it cost 59K. It had two by six construction, it was 1100 square feet with a two stall garage. I paid no money down on it and I sold it at a profit, which paid completely for my 141 flight training.

About the time I started up college about two years ago (I already had an associate degree), I bought two firearms that appreciated so much over the last two years that if I sold them, they would pay off my student loan.

Investments are what you make of them and houses can be an albatross. Right now, most houses we are looking at, the property taxes are almost as much as our rent. To each his own.

RefugePilot said:
To the guy in SBA, I went to college there. It is called "the land of the newly wed or nearly dead." It is great when you are young and loving the lifestyle, but when you realize you can't afford it you go away, then come back to retire if you have struck it rich.
Ain't that the truth...not too many people my age living here. I'm gone as soon as I get the call for class. Back down to LA. Not coastal though. Darn. :bawling:

TheDogsBollocks said:
After living in Los Angeles, CA for 14 years I left for greener pastures and a better and more affordable quality of life (Oregon). If I were you, I would cast the net a bit wider and look for other options.

What's the point of all that "scenery" if you can't afford to enjoy it?

I second Oregon. It ain't cheap here either, depending on where you live, but it's soooooooooooo much better than California.

MFR

Joshrk22 said:
What's Oregon like?

Much cheaper than California although probably more expensive than where you are now.

Good state for gun owners, outdoor types, pretty good schools, more affordable housing, good arts and entertainment culture in Portland (can't speak for the other big OR cities).

Lost count of my friends in California who have fled the state for greener pastures.

J22, How old are you? You don't sound old enough mentally to be married. You and your high school buddies playing with the computer again?

TheDogsBollocks said:
Much cheaper than California although probably more expensive than where you are now.

Good state for gun owners, outdoor types, pretty good schools, more affordable housing, good arts and entertainment culture in Portland (can't speak for the other big OR cities).
There are other big cities in Oregon???

I can speak for the Rogue Valley, at least. Plenty to do here, close to Crater Lake, skiing, fishing, boating, hunting, camping, theatre, lots for the artsy crowd, lots for the gun-totin' crowd too. Housing is expensive; Medford's bad, Ashland is frickin impossible, but some of the smaller suburbs (White City, Phoenix, Talent, etc. are doable). In my opinion, you get a lot more though for what you pay then almost anywhere you could live in California.

MFR

A bit of a different situation...

b
But I rent in Pacifica (just south of SF) and I pay pretty low rent for a place on the Pacific. You can find cool stuff to rent on Craigs List.

http://ifta.aero/

they paid $2500 for the move in the past

starts at 2740/month

health insurance without any employee contribution (even for family)

Monday-Friday

come in, fly, debrief, go home

Cheers
George

Latest resources

Back