• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I noted the following regarding the captain in that video:

1. He wore a hat.
2. His uniform was clean and pressed.
3. He doesn't weigh 300 lbs.
4. His tie is not loose around his neck.
5. No Oakley's dangling from a lanyard around his neck.
6. No backpack.
7. No ear buds.
8. He appears to have shaved sometime in the past week.
9. He is wearing the actual uniform jacket and not a North Face soft shell.

You could be the greatest pilot in the air but if you look like crap people will think you fly like crap also. Look the part.

1. He wore a hat.
6. No backpack.
7. No ear buds.

You could be the greatest pilot in the air but if you look like crap people will think you fly like crap also. Look the part.

You keep telling yourself that. It was a commercial, made up story, period dot end of sentence. Wanna know what will get you more money, BALLS, big brass ones, you " I gots to look good" Nancy Boys, are the reason you can't pay your 100k student loans. Airline piloting is a manual labour, blue collar job, want more money go Jimmy Hoffa style and make management sweat a little, kind of like the Eagle guys did. They won't be out of work for long.
You think that your Steve Canyon steely eyed gaze, from under the Ralph Cramden bus driver cap is gonna convince any airline manager to give you a big fat raise, look in the mirror, the problem will be staring you in the face.
Moron.....

You keep telling yourself that. It was a commercial, made up story, period dot end of sentence. Wanna know what will get you more money, BALLS, big brass ones, you " I gots to look good" Nancy Boys, are the reason you can't pay your 100k student loans. Airline piloting is a manual labour, blue collar job, want more money go Jimmy Hoffa style and make management sweat a little, kind of like the Eagle guys did. They won't be out of work for long.
You think that your Steve Canyon steely eyed gaze, from under the Ralph Cramden bus driver cap is gonna convince any airline manager to give you a big fat raise, look in the mirror, the problem will be staring you in the face.
Moron.....

I confess I never could quite follow that logic. My uniform is a reflection first and foremost on ME, not on the company, the contract, the pay, the raises (or lack thereof) etc. I paid for it, I'm the one wearing it (not the CEO, not the CFO, none of them), so why should I look like a slob? Because "they" don't pay me enough? I find that argument a bit shaky.

I confess I never could quite follow that logic. My uniform is a reflection first and foremost on ME, not on the company, the contract, the pay, the raises (or lack thereof) etc. I paid for it, I'm the one wearing it (not the CEO, not the CFO, none of them), so why should I look like a slob? Because "they" don't pay me enough? I find that argument a bit shaky.

Image vs substance, giant difference, if you don't get that, oh well.....

1. He wore a hat.
6. No backpack.
7. No ear buds.

The company plays a part in all of that as well, the norm for most companies abroad is that they provide the uniforms and they change them on a regular basis and many companies pay for the dry cleaning of the uniforms....! Just commuted in today and the crew from my flight (ORD-MSP) looked like the belong in a homeless shelter! Time for new shirts and pants guys, you definitely got your money's worth out of that one...!:eek:
When your wallet makes a hole in your uniform (you know the pants I'm talking about, shiny from being ironed way too many times, and you can clearly see the lining of the pockets printed in the fabric!) you don't patch it, they are not jeans!
You buy new ones! Here is an idea, buy new uniforms every year and deduct it from your taxes.....!

Last edited:
Image vs substance, giant difference, if you don't get that, oh well.....

Actually, I agree. Where we seem to differ is that I believe said substance comes from me, not from my paycheck.

Actually, I agree. Where we seem to differ is that I believe said substance comes from me, not from my paycheck.

I have flown with guys that looked like Jabba the Hutt and could make the plane sit up and beg, I have also flown with guys who looked like Steve Canyon who barely flew better than a brick. Appearance has no correlation to skill level, unless you are talking super model.

Go lick your nuts!
Moron......

Hit a little close to home? Do you like that big north face logo on all your jackets? Why do they even put a logo on your back shoulder area?? To show even the people walking behind you that you're a deuche?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back