Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL000

Top Paying Jobs Overall

The jobs that pay the most require at least a four-year college degree. According to the Employment Policy Foundation (EPF), the nation's 12 top-paying jobs -- and the mean annual income reported in 2004 (the most recent year data was available) for each -- were:

Physicians and surgeons: $147,000

Aircraft pilots: $133,500

Chief executives: $116,000

Electrical and electronic engineers: $112,000

Lawyers and judges: $99,800

Dentists: $90,000

Pharmacists: $85,500

Management analysts: $84,700

Computer and information system managers: $83,000

Financial analysts, managers and advisers: $84,000

Marketing and sales managers: $80,000

Education administrators: $80,000

Kate Lorenz is the article and advice editor for CareerBuilder.com. She researches and writes about job search strategy, career management, hiring trends and workplace issues. Other writers contributed to this article.

Suffice it to say that Kate doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. Who is she polling, only gray haired men with 4 stripes? If I had the energy, I could blow her "research" out of the water in 10 minutes. She needs to either narrow the category title or broaden the population sample.

Last edited:
Well Then--- I guess that means my company for got to add the "1" infront of my W2.

There are lies, Damn Lies, and then there are statistics.

Looks like all the bottom-feeder lawyers were included in the sample, but not the bottom-feeder pilots. WTF?

I know a guy who flies for BellSouth and the word is there, once you have the time, they start at 70K a year.

"Average" of $133,500?

Interesting statistic!

Equally as accurate: On average, every American has one testicle.

There must be a whole bunch of $200,000+ pilots out there raising the "average" to bring up the many thousands of regional pilots who are near poverty level!

FL000 said:
According to the Employment Policy Foundation (EPF)

Funded by the friendly management of your company, no doubt, to "prove" during contract negotiations how concessions are "justifiable." :rolleyes:

The current president of EPF is a former corporate consulting hack for Watson Wyatt, "a world leader in human capital strategy consulting."

She might have an agenda. FWIW.

Latest resources

Back