Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyline said:
Chainsaw

Everyday that charlie squats in the bush makes him stronger.

Skyline
OK. Ummmmmm. Uhhhhhhhh. Is that some kind of coded message to the imbedded insurgents?

At the risk of ruining it for anyone, you have heard the joke about the Airbus and the chainsaw, right?

What's the difference between an Airbus and a chainsaw?

TonyC said:
What's the difference between an Airbus and a chainsaw?
Uhhhh, one guy can pick up a chainsaw?

Uhhhh, 35 million dollars?

Uhhhh, the Airbus has three jet engines?

Uhhhh, tires are cheaper on a chainsaw?

Uhhhh....?

PAPA FOX! said:
I actually think in the next 100 yrs we have a better chance of having a manned mission to Pluto than of this happening! If I'm betting in Vegas I say we have less than a 2% chance of pilotless airliners in the next century. The public simply will not stand for it, espically after the recent JB incident.

Do realize underneath all of the "hoopla" the pilot's only non-standard actions were putting all of the passengers in the rear of the aircraft to move the center of gravity (which probably was not needed).

They burned fuel in circles and made a normal landing.

What about these actions could not a fully automated system accomplish?

JetBlue

JetBlue

I commend the crew for following the checklist and accomplishing a normal landing. I am sure a computer had a small part that one as well. Keep holding on tightly fellas. The dream must live.

Maybe Boeing could still install some placebo yokes and levers to move so that you feel like you have done something.

Skyline

Skyline said:
JetBlue

I commend the crew for following the checklist and accomplishing a normal landing. I am sure a computer had a small part that one as well. Keep holding on tightly fellas. The dream must live.

Maybe Boeing could still install some placebo yokes and levers to move so that you feel like you have done something.

Skyline
Gimme a call the day you step into a car in your driveway without a steering wheel. :)

Latest resources

Back