• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot shortage Myth. 7000 apps for 600 slots at DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By 2015, China will have completed 80 new airports, and expanded 100 others. By 2032, they will have more people flying than the US does now, and will spend $800B to buy the above-mentioned aircraft.

Just read that India has 2% of it's population flying, and they are expecting tremendous aviation growth. In the next few decades India's population will surpass China's.

The airports WILL be empty, if they can't get the pilots to f!y the planes!!!

China has a much longer time horizon than us "impatient" Westerners. But, you won't catch me flying over there. No, thank you.

Last edited:
China is buying 5600 new airplanes. That is more than the entire current US fleet.

Friend of mine went to fly there and 2 years later he had health issues and spend most of his savings in order to get his health back on medical bills.

so there you have it Expats,,,,,,

Go make more cash and lose your health

no thanks

My BMI is a lot lower than when I was in the rat race in the US, so is my cholesterol, uric acid, I am healthier now than I was when I was in college...! The food that you are exposed too while flying on the US is as unhealthy as it gets.....!

If the growth is unsustainable in the ME, and the Asian middle class explosion is a "bubble"
Then what's with all the bitching.....!

I wonder how many of the ones who bash expat jobs and living abroad have ever stepped outside of their comfort zone in the USA. And I dont mean a quick trip to Paris wearing your baggy jeans, white sneakers, and USA logo t-shirt while bitching about there being no Applebees or Hooters to go to!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back