Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"We just can't find americans to take these jobs."

Sound familiar?

I have a lot of friends from south of the border who would love to come here and teach you, of course they will still need to be FAA certify

It seems like this pilot shortage is just starting up. How long do you think it will last?

It is going to accelerate, because of the shortage of instructors on the entry level, fewer pilots will now be trained which will increase pressure upon the remaining pool of available pilots. The ratio of pilots looking to jobs being offered will continue to decrease for the next two decades. Those who skipped Full Time College to build flight time are going to get head of the line privileges after they finish their on-line degree.

Hi!

Boeing says that the worlds' airlines will need 17,000 pilots a year for the next 20 years, and that current training systems will not keep up with demand.

I hear "Ab-Initio" for US airlines growing louder and louder in the distance.

cliff
GRB

Hi!

Boeing says that the worlds' airlines will need 17,000 pilots a year for the next 20 years, and that current training systems will not keep up with demand.

I hear "Ab-Initio" for US airlines growing louder and louder in the distance.

cliff
GRB

A couple years ago I would have written that off as flight school advertising propaganda. Now... I guess if I didn't make the right choice for pay, I made the right choice for job security. (Not that I'll always be with the same company, but I'll be able to find a job somewhere!)

Ab initio and crew-only certificates, here we come.

-Goose

Latest resources

Back