• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Shortage and The Right Stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope it materializes this time.... Here at Netjets we've got some guys with the big jet syndrome....

I hope they get that airline job they're always talking about.. (I wanna move up)

I'm trying. Up and out is my goal. My seat will still be warm when u get it.

I think nearly every SIC in a position to move to a legacy will attempt to do so. Netjets did not come through like we had all hoped. Bottom of the list after 10 years and still in a small citation or phenom is not a very good prospect for many

I think nearly every SIC in a position to move to a legacy will attempt to do so. Netjets did not come through like we had all hoped. Bottom of the list after 10 years and still in a small citation or phenom is not a very good prospect for many

And some of the younger, junior PIC's as well. I hope many get hired. That will be a rising tide for all concerned.

I hope it materializes this time.... Here at Netjets we've got some guys with the big jet syndrome....

I hope they get that airline job they're always talking about.. (I wanna move up)

Its more than just “Big Airplane” syndrome. More to do with “Big Career Aspirations” syndrome.

Or at least more than bottom feeding off the NJ seniority list. Indefinitely.

Big Airplane Syndrome are the suckers that went to SkyBus. What we have now is people who see better opportunity.

I was browsing through APC's legacy section and they are showing an average retirement rate of 300 pilots/year for each airline. Times that by 6 or so which could include the cargos and things should start opening up soon for everyone. I'm guestimating around 1500 to 2000 pilots retiring every year until 2030.

Latest resources

Back