Pilot Shirts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SlapShot

I know it has been talked about MANY times before. I have always worn Van Heusen Aviators and I just found out (from a guy in the IAH StopOver Store) that Van Heusen will no longer make them in talls with whole neck sizes. The 16 1/2 is too tight and the 17 1/2 is too big so I need to switch shirts.

I am looking for a shirt similar to the Aviator. Any recommendations?

Mens pilot shirt chart

I bought these, great product. Also, an idea you might consider is popping off the neck button and re sewing it on just a bit left or right to get the perfect fit you need (leave a little play on the button, not too close to the shirt or it will be harder to button), it beats a custom tailor job that costs more than the shirt. Also, it looks like they have VH shirts here with 17 neck. I bought the pilot house taper shirts, they work perfectly at SWA and they are superb.

Last edited:
I know it has been talked about MANY times before. I have always worn Van Heusen Aviators and I just found out (from a guy in the IAH StopOver Store) that Van Heusen will no longer make them in talls with whole neck sizes. The 16 1/2 is too tight and the 17 1/2 is too big so I need to switch shirts.

I am looking for a shirt similar to the Aviator. Any recommendations?

I've been using Pilot House for the last 12 years and haven't had a problem give them a try.

So just how "tapered" is the tapered kind? What if you're of, say, average build... are the shirts too tight, then? I hate all of the stuff that hangs out on the sides of the M and H kind.

According to tally-ho (store in MIA), they are discontinuing whole sizes only on long-sleeve aviators. I like the VH AirCrew (more cotton than aviator) only available from tally-ho. www.tallyhouniforms.com

Latest resources

Back