• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pilot sentenced for being drunk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't resist, where was the TSA? I am sure with all the cupping and groping, they would have smelled the "odor". I am sure heads rolled all the way up the TSA chain of command. They are keeping all of us safe, right? Sorry guys, I remember a guy who got caught at ASA by the TSA, and he faired a bit better, but either way common sense does apply.

I have not read anything about this, BUT if the captain gave the FO a chance to call in sick and STILL operated the flight then the captain should go to prison as well. He should have never left the gate. Either call in sick or call the company.

Yup. The CA is a jerk because the FO showed up drunk.

Makes perfect sense to me.

At the end of the day I think we can all agree, CA did hid job perfectly. FO needs help and we hope he will he will get what's needed. We wish the FO luck in his recovery and commend the CA for his actions.

End of story...

At the end of the day I think we can all agree, CA did hid job perfectly. FO needs help and we hope he will he will get what's needed. We wish the FO luck in his recovery and commend the CA for his actions.

End of story...

What the FO needed was a piece of gum.

The captain was put in a very bad spot. He did nothing wrong. I disagree with the 6 month jail sentence. I feel the first officer should have lost his job, had his medical suspended (not licenses) until he went through rehab, and been charged with the equivalent of a DUI. 6 months in "pound-me-in-the-ass" prison seems a little harsh.

The captain was put in a very bad spot. He did nothing wrong. I disagree with the 6 month jail sentence. I feel the first officer should have lost his job, had his medical suspended (not licenses) until he went through rehab, and been charged with the equivalent of a DUI. 6 months in "pound-me-in-the-ass" prison seems a little harsh.
Not only are you wrong, you meet the stupid criteria. He should have gotten 10-12, and out in 5-6. Then he could have gotten all the rehab he deserved in prison, and as a convicted felon with no hope of ever getting another security sensitive job, the grill or fry cook job he learned so well in prison, on the outside.
What is harsh is he got drunk, and decided to fly a 121 airliner, that isn't like having 3 drinks and driving home from the bar, he flew a plane with paying passengers!

Not only are you wrong, you meet the stupid criteria. He should have gotten 10-12, and out in 5-6. Then he could have gotten all the rehab he deserved in prison, and as a convicted felon with no hope of ever getting another security sensitive job, the grill or fry cook job he learned so well in prison, on the outside.
What is harsh is he got drunk, and decided to fly a 121 airliner, that isn't like having 3 drinks and driving home from the bar, he flew a plane with paying passengers!

I'm under the impression he was drinking the previous night. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he thought he was sober. I think this punishment is pretty harsh.

Latest resources

Back