• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Raises @ SWA....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, if you do the math correctly, a second year FO can easily make between 60k and 70k without trying to fly extra and without per diem.

Ultra,

Thanks for the correction. Doing math correctly has never been one of my strong points. :)

T1bubba
Not counting my paychecks until someone throws me a towel...

Guys keep in mind Chases numbers are just your trip rates. The good thing about SWA is if you want, you have the ability to make as much as you want or as little. For me, in my first year (00-01) my W2 was 45.9K. Right now, finishing up my 2nd I look to do about 72K. In my 3rd with the new rates I should avg. around 90K. All these numbers do include per diem at $2.15, avg about $50 per day. I also try to average 105 trips which is very easy to do. The best thing to do if you can is live in one of the bases. The more junior the better. It makes it easier to pick up turns. Good luck. Hope to see you on the line soon.

Thanks 2000

Thanks for the numbers on my future $$$.

I will be living in a base (PHX) and look forward to maximizing the cashflow during my 1st several years.

The "new" pay makes life much easier for us "poor" 1st year guys. That is, WHEN we get out of the pool and start getting the SWA paychecks!?!?

I just can't wait to start enjoying my 54% pay cut!!! No, really! Being a SWA pilot is the result of 20+ years of paying dues, yea, my current gig pays well, but having a schedule and being home when I WANT to be is going to be fantastic!!! Not to mention that when time for upgrade comes, I will make much more $$$ than is possible in my current position!!!!!

Regards to all who are floating... Tredding

Latest resources

Back